View Single Post

Old 01-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
I don't know the law or the details, but I'm guessing that these trees were located on land either belonging to the district or under the care of the district. If so, then the district is charged with protecting the land from this type of encroachment and destruction, and thus they are held responsible.
I think you are correct. This area is designated as wetlands and I'm under the impression that wetlands cannot be "owned" by anyone, but are managed by State, Federal and Local Agencies. There is actually a Home Owners Guide to Wetlands which gives 50+ pages of information on what you can and cannot do. In this case the land that was cut was not "owned" by the homeowner, there is a large buffer zone between wetlands and the homeowners property. So on top of everything else, they were trespassing and destroying on State/Federal land.

Someone has opened Pandora's box ......................

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak