View Single Post

Old 01-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Sage

If you cycle regularly, you will experience some close calls, mostly almost being clipped/side swiped by cars/carts. If I had to guess, the cyclists were probably passed without a "comfortable" amount of clearance. 3 feet of clearance is required, at least on the roads anyway. A typical "close call" is someone passing you in an unsafe manner because there is another vehicle coming in the other direction and they have to move over quickly to avoid a head-on collision. In this case, the cyclists will be squeezed to the right or cut off at the last moment. I am not saying this is what happened but when you see cyclists lose their temper chances are they felt they were just put in a dangerous situation by a car/cart. In this situation, from the cyclists perspective, the car/cart is being the "jerk". While there is always a possibility that the cyclists in question were really just oversensitive jerks, the more likely scenario is you scared the hell out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromlich View Post
My friend and I just had a very interesting experience on the "multi-modul path" over by 466 and Belevedere. Two bicyclists
(man and women) were riding in front of us. My friend passed them as they were the slower traffic. When we came to the stop the man intentionally hit her from behind and the woman yelled at her. My friend did nothing wrong. There was plenty of time to pass. No wonder no one wants to share the road with these so called "jerks". I told the lady we passed her because she was the slower traffic and she flipped us off and yelled "go to h---". NICE, real class!