Thread: Pace of Play
View Single Post

Old 01-19-2015, 09:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafoto View Post
So I apologize for bringing this up, because I am sure it has been discussed to death. But this is the first negative thing I have experienced here in the villages and I would like some clarification so that I have better understanding in the future. Reader's Digest Version of today's round on a championship course: Tee off 8:36, 4 holes in we are warned that we are playing slowly. A lost ball on the 6 hole (that a worker picked up and put in his cart, we retrieved it from the glove box) caused a delay that we quickly recouped on the next hole. On the 8th tee the ranger arrived for the third time to bitch at us about the pace of play. He said we were holding up the whole course and that the group in front of us was a whole hole ahead. I spoke up loudly that as long we finished in the allotted time, what the people in front of us and behind us do is not our problem. He said nothing. At the turn I asked how much time each group was given per 9 holes, I was told 2 hours and 4 minutes. We took 2 hours and 8 minutes according to the starter. Point #1 the ranger probably caused the 4 minute delay by bothering us and adding undue pressure to our play. Point #2 Golf is for enjoyment, I paid for my time on the course and I can tell you that after being growled at by the ranger my enjoyment level went down (as well as my golf performance) for the next few holes. So...what say you veteran golfers of the villages? Was this just a ranger with a bee up his butt...or should I get ready for a stress filled round based on 2 hours and 4 minutes each time I tee it up here in TV
Been here 14 years, have never had that happen. There must be another part of the story!