View Single Post

Old 01-20-2015, 09:08 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWN MARIE View Post
I agree but have to tell you that this sort of aggressive behavior in general in the Villages is why we just moved to the Plantation. Been here 7 years and as avid runners have seen so much aggressive reactions unlike anything we've ever seen country wide. Been running in the Plantation now since July and just moved full time in December and it's like a different world. I know why for the most part. The streets are much wider in the Plantation and the golf carts are not sharing the road with the runners/bikers. Now instead of the finger we are getting friendly waves and shout outs encouraging us.
Dawn Marie: I am sincerely pleased that you found paradise in Plantation and wish you every happiness.

However what I recollect from your posts when you lived here is that you had a preference to run on the diamond lanes even if a sidewalk was available. This created a dilemma for golf cart drivers who had to pull left into traffic because runners such as yourself refused to yield and step up on grass or a sidewalk. Its no wonder you prefer Plantations since runners and golf cart drivers do not share the same road.

To the rest of the posters here. I have said and will restate many of the complaints pertaining to this topic are a result of poor planning and design by the developers. One poster asked if the OP gave the bicyclist 3 feet when they passed. Is there anyone out there that believes 3 feet of passing width exists on multi-modal paths? It is the same with many narrow streets and in that Dawn Marie is correct. Multi modal users are all competing for the same SPACE