View Single Post

Old 01-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Sage

I question whether the multimodal paths are wide enough two accommodate 2 cyclists riding abreast, a golf cart, plus 3 feet of clearance. A golf cart is about 4 feet wide, bike handlebars are typically a foot and half, plus when riding abreast you may have 1-2 feet between bikes. They probably weren't riding on the extreme edge of the path - perhaps they were in a foot. They were probably taking up 4-5 feet total. I assume you didn't run off the cart path onto the grass when you passed. The multimodal paths are typically around 10 feet wide, if I recall correctly. The numbers don't add up - the path would have needed to be 11-12 feet wide to accommodate what you described. Based on these assumptions, you may have actually passed them with only 1-2 feet of clearance. If it was 1 foot of clearance, that would probably elicit the response you experienced. Cyclists need to be given a wide berth because accidents can be fatal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromlich View Post
see the last post....I did respond. We were in a golf cart and she gave more than 3 feet. Didn't respond til now because we were out all day yesterday. There are always 2 sides to things, I agree but it does not mean that "road rage" is appropriate at any time. I was a passenger , there fore a witness and my friend did absolutely nothing wrong.