View Single Post

Old 01-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Sage

The issue is how much clearance you gave them when you passed them from behind. Based on widths of the paths, bikes, and golf carts, it is most likely you passed them with little clearance from behind. As a long time cyclist, I can tell you that there are few things that will elicit a stronger reaction from cyclists then nearly clipping them from behind. The cyclists were reacting to something you did and it is most likely nearly clipping them. You may believe you passed them with more than 3 feet of clearance but the width of the multimodal path indicated otherwise - the numbers don't add up. What you most likely did in passing them with little clearance can be considered "road rage" also. I see this frequently - cyclists are slowing people down and they responds by passing them closely and then cutting in front of them as soon as possible. Don't try to make the cyclists out to be the bad guys here. You were tooling around in a 600-1000 lb golf cart and it is your responsibility when overtaking to do so in a safe manner. To assume the cyclists lit into you for no reason defies logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromlich View Post
That makes no sense at all. A golf cart going the other way would be able to pass without any problem and we had to get in that lane to pass. Sorry, but I'm not looking to argue , just asking all of us to be kinder. No matter what the issue....ROAD RAGE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! You weren't there and just because you are a biker does not mean you know what happened. I will tell you there were more than 3 feet. Everyone sees things differently. Can't we all just get along and stop hitting and cursing others out.