View Single Post

Old 01-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
Thought this was very interesting and would interest some of you. It isn't new but it is well expressed. Anyone know of any Doctors of Functional Medicine in TV? I have been looking for a number of years and haven't found any that are close enough to "home" so I'm still following info that I find in the research. Dr. Hyman was the first one I discovered when we were dealing with pre-diabetes and his info is very useful. I found it interesting that this writer had personal experience and was a pharmacist. It is great to see more "traditional" meds people looking at other options. This info also encourages watching what we consume.

LW888

GUT,**BRAIN,*AND AUTOIMMUNE DISORDERS: THE ROLE OF FOOD - Your Thyroid Pharmacist
Looking at other options and watching what we consume? I don't think the answer, for the average person, is to cut out grains and load up on animal protein. Loading up on animal protein and fat will likely give one another set of health issues. And at the end of the article, the drug Larazotide is promoted.

Anyone who's truly interested in the gut, its microbiome and connection with health should read "Missing Microbes: How The Overuse of Antibiotics Is Fueling Our Modern Plagues" It's not only about antibiotics but also about babies being delivered by C-section and how it interferes with the development of their immune system.

There's also "The Microbiome Diet". It's not the diet for me but I did learn from it.

There are many books on the importance of maintaining healthy gut-flora; I'm on my third book and find this very interesting. For other books, try searching "gut flora" or "Microbiome".

The book I'm currently reading is: "The Wild Life Of Our Bodies". It's a great book, it gets more and more interesting as it goes along.