View Single Post

Old 01-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: 2nd Lifestyle Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Seriously birumph? I guarantee you that the costs of any Lifestyle Preview are already in the marketing budget and in no way effect how you live in TV. Granted maybe you shouldn't use a friends identity but otherwise let them come down anytime they want. Heck, that person may become your next best friend!
Russ, not sure I agree. Like insurance fraud drives up the cost of car insurance for everyone. Multiple, fraudulent visits would eventually impact the builder's profit margin, and ultimatley raise home prices. I'd agree they've figured that some percentage of Previewers buy, and those figures are factored into the cost of doing business. But if all of a sudden the same folks continued to vacation in TV time after time using the Preview program as a means of a cheap vacation, with no purchases realized as a result, there would be some impact. Not sure just what would happen, but I doubt there is a limitless supply of freebies for all takers.
That said, the bigger issue to me would be the ability to face myself in the mirror after I did "steal" from this program. Lot's of people have a view that it's OK to steal from big corporations. I'm not of that ilk. I don't think it's OK to take things that don't belong to me no matter who they are from. And it sounds like using another's identity to fool TV would be crossing that line.