View Single Post

Old 01-21-2015, 06:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
If memory serves me, a couple of years ago there was one very serious accident involving an upright bike on the cart path near Bridgeport at Lake Sumter. The cyclist was hit by a street legal cart (LSV) driven by someone who had a medical condition that prohibited him from driving a motor vehicle. He drove his LSV (which he shouldn't have been driving) over the cyclist then backed over the cyclist again. Miraculously, the cyclist survived.
You are absolutely correct. And it was the day before that I was riding with my wife and daughter on the MMP between Morse and Buena Vista on 466, we were doing 20-21 mph, A older gent on a cart passed my daughter and ran into my wife from behind and wrecked both of them. Had to call 911, my daughter was taking to TV Hospital. The gent said he was just trying to pass us. We were in a single file line heading into one of the divided sections on of the MMP just past Laurel Valley. There is no room to pass on that part of the MMP. SCSO asked him why in a hurry, he told the Deputy he had no idea just want to pass us.