View Single Post

Old 01-21-2015, 08:41 AM
Sage

I am sorry to hear about your wife and daughter. I believe the biggest threat to cyclists is getting clipped from behind by either a car or golf cart. In another thread, which was mercifully ended by the moderator yesterday, the driver of a golf cart was apparently read the riot act by two cyclists he/she probably passed with very little clearance. Cyclists need to be given a wide berth because the consequences of an accident can be severe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
You are absolutely correct. And it was the day before that I was riding with my wife and daughter on the MMP between Morse and Buena Vista on 466, we were doing 20-21 mph, A older gent on a cart passed my daughter and ran into my wife from behind and wrecked both of them. Had to call 911, my daughter was taking to TV Hospital. The gent said he was just trying to pass us. We were in a single file line heading into one of the divided sections on of the MMP just past Laurel Valley. There is no room to pass on that part of the MMP. SCSO asked him why in a hurry, he told the Deputy he had no idea just want to pass us.