View Single Post

Old 01-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Sage

It isn't clear to me that the multimodal paths are safer than the roads. I ride a fair amount and believe the roads are safer. Caution is certainly needed in the roundabouts. Riding in a group increases visibility and therefore safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

Sorry Chazz, I'm in total agreement with Wanda.

Since you already ride a recumbent bike, you will always defend riding it. A lighted bike during daylight is meaningless. A 6' flag may be noticed, but maybe not if someone can't see to what it's attached. Wobbling has nothing to do with what she is speaking about, nor does balance, etc. There is no provision for you to be riding a bike on Buena Vista or Morse. You have no business riding that bike around the circles, where cars don't know their a$$ from their elbow in driving around them. You may know what you are doing, but drivers don't!

You belong on the modal paths but you obviously don't like that idea and I'm sure you have reasons/excuses for not using them.

You've been riding your bike footloose and fancy free for six years? Consider yourself lucky to still be among us!