View Single Post

Old 01-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stings View Post
My wife and I are coming down the first week in May for three days to see if we like the Villages enough to retire there. The place seems incredible from what we have seen and read so far. I have checked and the Lifestyle Preview plan is limited to no less than four days. So, my question is should I simply book four days and stay three or do a three day free style visit. Staying longer this trip is not possible. Cost is no object and the Preview Plan appears to make for a much better presentation than doing the tour on our own. What do you suggest? Thank you all in advance for any help and guidance you could give us.
If need be, pay for 4 and stay for 3. I also would call their office.

Rent a car from the airport. A cart is fun for dinner for and the squares but you will cover more ground in a car.

Buy the GPS App advertised on this site. It's too easy to get lost.

Take the trolley ASAP to see the scope.

Get a video camera and video tape each house address, up and down the street and around the outside of the house and then go inside and narrate your first impression of each room. Ask the model name if its a new house. If it's a resale ask the rep if the model was renamed. Bring a cable so you can connect the camera to the TV later.

Take the paperwork advertisement and have the other person number the pages in the order of each house that was shown. They will give you a map and write down the number to each address on the map. Bring a 3 hole punch and small binder to keep things organized.

The new home price when we bought was not negotiable. This surprised us.

It can be confusing later, when you are at home if you are only taking photos.

Most people do move 3 times in the villages. This surprised us too.