View Single Post

Old 01-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
Kitty Littter, Of course I will help you trap and fix them. You have helped me in many ways. And Uptown Girl, Cfrance is correct. When you remove cats from an area, other cats move in and the pattern repeats. Cats are territorial so when cats are removed, others claim the area. Its the "Vacuum effect". Many cats live long lives when TNR'd. As long as they are continued to be fed it is fine. However, I do not agree with feeding them for an extended period of time and then stopping. Kitty litter is doing the right thing by having plans to have someone else feed while she is away. That is the moral and right thing to do. There are many who feed while it is convenient and then stop. That is not right. As far as what was quoted from PETA, I am surprised to read that. There are many organizations that encourage TNR, like Ally Cat Allies and Best Friend's Animal Sanctuary in Utah (look them up, great work they do!). There are unlimited numbers of wild animals out there that survive. Ferals have a right to live also and as long as we try to control the population and help them, why not let them live? Not every cat is going to suffer, just like not every squirrel gets hit by a car, and not every deer gets hunted. Some ferals have a wonderful life- especially with our help.
You are such a sensible, loving woman.
I admire you so much. You really are an inspiration.