View Single Post

Old 01-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromlich View Post
A report out Wednesday says the Baltimore Ravens tipped off the Indianapolis Colts before the AFC Championship game about the New England Patriots' use of deflated footballs.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports says that the Colts knew about the deflated footballs coming into the game thanks to a tip from the Ravens, who fell to New England the week before in the divisional playoff round. As a result, the NFL was planning before the game to inspect the balls at halftime.

"The Indianapolis Colts, they were tipped off to before the game ever happened... I was told it was people... from the Baltimore Ravens," Glazer said.

Watch Glazer's comments below:

On Wednesday's edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN, Ravens defensive lineman Chris Canty made it clear that he felt the act of deflating footballs was cheating.

“The Patriots are habitual line-steppers,” Canty said, via ProFootballTalk.com. “If the allegations are true, then you are talking about attacking the integrity of our game and I have an issue with that. . . . [W]hat I’m going to say about the deflating of the balls, to me there is no difference than performance-enhancing drugs. You are cheating at that point. You are getting a competitive advantage outside of the rule book and there has to be some sort of consequences for that.

“To me, the integrity of the game is the most important thing. You want to be successful as a player but you want to think that you are doing things that are within the rules and that you are out there competing and it’s not, whether it is performance-enhancing drugs or deflated footballs that is out there aiding in your performance.”

///