View Single Post

Old 01-22-2015, 02:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
And, I am in total disagreement with you and Wanda.

As to my light being useless in daylight, that is simply false. I have a high intensity flashing red light that, I have been told by drivers, can be seen in bright daylight, over 1/2 mile away. However, I completely understand that nothing that I can say or do will satisfy that I may ride safely on the roads, and I am comfortable with that. I don't expect complete invulnerability in life. If I did, I would curl up in bed and stay there to avoid any chance of mishap. Every choice in life presents some degree of risk. My problem is with people who project their perception of risk tolerance onto others, and seek to nullify lawful behavior based on their determination that we have "no business" riding there. My concern is that hostile drivers will read this and feel justified in teaching us a "lesson."
In your original post, you did not describe your light other than the fact that you had a light. Period! Your curling up in bed is a gross exaggeration to make your point, which is somewhat lame.

I, for one, am not projecting any kind of perception. Riding around the circles in TV on one of those things is risky. Just take a look at the drivers in cars! Every person has their own special way of navigating them and they think their way is the only way.

I question why you must take the "high" roads of Buena Vista and Morse, when it would be considerably safer to at least use the internal Village streets???

I, for one, wish you well and no harm, but I think there are safer places to ride your bike other than your particular choices.