View Single Post

Old 01-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
I'm no guru, but here goes.....
I haven't been able to find this as being a problem elsewhere in cyberspace, although, I'm sure it must be....
On my own iPad, I have not be able to recreate the issue with popup ads, such as being described... I am using Safari.
If you haven't already, go into settings and then Safari. Scroll to where is says Block Popups and make sure that is turned on.
Back in Settings, scroll down until you find Game Center. Click on that and make sure you are NOT signed into Game Center. If you aren't signed in, it will ask you to Authenticate. Your AppleID should already be filled in. At this point, simple hit Cancel to get out of it. If you are logged into Game Center, logout and see if anything changes.

I'll keep looking, but this seems to be rather isolated.
Thanks memason. You may not be a guru, but you are the most knowledgeable person I know.
And you have been more than accommodating over the years responding to my dumb iPad questions.
I've checked the settings you described, and "block popups" was on; and I wasn't signed into the Game Center.
So it's not those two things that are causing the Game Apps to suddenly appear.
The "Game App" problem happens so often now that I don't use my iPad for TOTV anymore. I use my laptop.

I do have a question:
Once an iPad user has updated an Operating System, is there any way to go back to an older version?