View Single Post

Old 01-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
It's a bigger shame that a great team has to stoop to the antics that the Pats have used over the years. They don't need the extra edge, so why do they consistently go for it? A class act would have kept the balls within the guidelines. A class act wouldn't resort to spying on their opponents. A class act plows the field for both sides, not just their own. Sorry, but you'll never convince me that the Pats have class.

They do have a great team, a great coach and a great quarterback. It's a shame that isn't enough for them.
Consistently gone for it? Consistently cheated? What a load of crap.

First of all, the snowplow incident was found to be completely in line with the NFL rules at the time. Secondly, that was a different coach, different players, different management and different ownership.

The spy gate nonsense was just that. They were allowed to tape the other teams practices, just not from where they did. Had the videographer been a few yards from where he was, there would have been no violation. All the teams film their opponents practices. The fine and penalties were just another instance of Goodell trying to save face. He knew that what the Patriots did was a minor technical violation of the rules, but the media made such a huge deal of it that he felt that he needed to do something.

This last incident is exactly the same thing. He knows all of the teams do it and have done it forever. He knows that the league has been allowing teams to bend the rules and he has to somehow cover that up and make the league look good. Like many people said, if the league had any common sense they would have been supply balls and ball handlers for every game. Instead they allow this to happen.

Now I find out today that Jim Harbaugh, the Raven's coach and perhaps the biggest crybaby in all of sports, alerted the NFL that the Patriots were playing with under inflated balls. That's nothing but being a sore loser. He also embarrassed himself by crying that The Patriots were running illegal plays when they were perfectly legal plays. He should have shut up and he wouldn't have brought so much attention to the fact that he was out coached.

The Patriots have always done everything by the book and with class. Two minor incidents that could have called on every team in the NFL has the media and fans of other teams up in arms.

Like I said, being hated just comes with the territory when you're the best.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.