Thread: Pace of Play
View Single Post

Old 01-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
carolmaidstone: you do not identify what type of course you were playing or the allotted time per hole and your pace of play time. I may infer if an ambassador visited you three times that while you believed your pace of play was in line it may well not have been.

Golf is for enjoyment is a valid statement. Paying for one's time is also a valid statement but deducing from both when viewing the dynamics of play on the course in question is flawed. Every player there wants to enjoy golf. Every player there paid for their time. It doesn't give any player the right to poke along or to look extensively for a lost ball or to keeping hitting the ball an 8th 9tth 10th....time In the pocket exists for a reason.

I have played behind people who have shown this entitlement and it always mean that I wished I packed a lunch

Personal Best Regards
Rubicon. I think carolmaidstone thinks similarly to you. She was also making the point that you are not alone on the course and that a group's attention to pace of play benefits all. And inattention to it affects everyone behind them negatively. I think she was referring to the OP who had three encounters with the ambassador, not herself.