View Single Post

Old 01-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
As we all know Fran was an outstanding NFL quarterback with many many wins and awards. They interviewed him today and his assessment was that not one QB every allowed the crew to control the balls. Not one QB did not know the
feel of the ball and whether it was within limits. He felt that of course NE knew the ball was not legal and the Coach tried to throw the QB under the bus and the QB tried to throw the crew under the bus. This was not NE's first violation and it would be naive to believe they would not violate again to get into the Superbowl. I have great faith in what Fran was saying as he has been there and knows the circumstances. Regarding proof: It is proven the ball(s) were not legal that has been substaniated, it has been recognized that both the Coach, who is respoinsible for the team and QB who directs the plays and has the most knowledge of the ball are responsbile for all aspects of the game. If there has been a violation of the rules who else should be help responsible. Certaintly not the tight end, the center, etc. The QB today admitted the ball(s) were not in
line with the rules. Enough said.
A violation of the rules would occur only if someone on the the team, knowingly and deliberately deflated the balls. We don't know that that's the case.

Even if that is the case, as I've stated before, several former NFL QBs have come forth and stated that this is standard practice in the NFL. Everyone does it and it has been allowed by the NFL for decades. In fact a Super Bowl winning quarterback admitted he did it in the Super Bowl that he won. For the NFL to suddenly decide that they are going to enforce this rule would be totally unreasonable.

Some QBS have come out and said that they would know the difference immediately and others have said there is no way that anyone could tell a 16% difference in PSI. Who are we to believe. There are many "experts" coming out with different opinions. Until the NFL has done their investigation and come to a conclusion, I think that everyone should cool it and stop jumping to conclusions.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.