13 yr old issued citation

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Platinum member
Default Wednesday Evening 8 PM Sweet Bay Tunnel

I'm leaving Sweet Bay heading out of lot in cart. Young girl in front of me driving what appeared to be G/Parents in 4 seater. Girl appeared to have trouble reaching the pedals. As they went down the hill thru the tunnel and turned right to go back up the hill she hit the curb as I watched granny about get bounced off the back. Definitely should not have been behind the wheel. Yeah I've hit the curb too but I'm allowed. Safety 2nd, stupidity 1st. Come on folks.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:16 PM

I agree with what is being said regarding golf cart safety - it also applies to the adults because I have been cut off numerous times by golf carts that exceed the speed limit of a golf cart. We have a motorcycle and have been cut off more times than I can count by golf carts and when my husband blows the airhorns we get saluted - if you know what I mean. I too have seen very little people sitting in their grandparents lap driving the cart. Golf cart safety is becoming an issue here and I do not think it will change because of the number of carts that are now here in The Villages. Also, the drinking and driving of the carts in the town squares is out of control.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.