The 20 mph speed limit

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2015, 09:27 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
In the air???

Seriously, hopefully the OP will respond, but usually in association with an airline or the military. My kudos to the OP, I've done some FAA physicals for private pilots and they are a PITA. It's probably worse for commercial pilots.
I always enjoyed the question on the Third Class physical where you were to state if you are a terrorist or not. I now fly as a sport pilot and self-certify using the driver’s license.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I always enjoyed the question on the Third Class physical where you were to state if you are a terrorist or not. I now fly as a sport pilot and self-certify using the driver’s license.
I have never been asked the question as to whether I was a terrorist on a third class medical. Hopefully the 3rd Class Medical will no longer be required. There are more then enough votes in the Senate to pass BPOR2.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I am happy to certify you as a good guy who drove your GRANDKIDS through Plains Ga to attend a Sunday School class of of Jimmy Carter's. You should not have to certify to any human again.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:12 AM

CartWorld insists on setting the max speed as 19.2 or the warranty is not valid! I'm fighting with the cart the entire time to get at least 19mph on the paths. Going uphill is 17-18 with people passing me, yelling at me and an occasional finger flying in my direction. There was a horrible rattle when I first got the brand new 2015 cart... that's when CartWorld took the cart, turned the RPM's down to 19.2 which still has not fixed the rattle. The 2nd time I used the cart at night, I kept smelling an electrical burning smell and sure enough the headlight burned out leaving a huge hole (about 3-4" in the headlight 'casing')... They replaced it, fixed the mirror that they mounted incorrectly (we fixed the side mirrors that were not mounted properly) and then Friday night all the lights went out & no turn signals, no headlights, no horn, no emergency flashers...NOTHING! I bought the cart in September 2015 and received it on Sep 30th! I don't use it every day and it was in the shop for about a week....hmmmm ~ I think I've actually been able to use it 4 weeks and 3 days! Since we feel something should be done (it's obviously a LEMON), service department told us to talk to sales! REALLY??? The service department didn't FIX the problem the first time causing more problems.... Not happy with CartWorld at all!!
Old 11-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
CartWorld insists on setting the max speed as 19.2 or the warranty is not valid! I'm fighting with the cart the entire time to get at least 19mph on the paths. Going uphill is 17-18 with people passing me, yelling at me and an occasional finger flying in my direction. There was a horrible rattle when I first got the brand new 2015 cart... that's when CartWorld took the cart, turned the RPM's down to 19.2 which still has not fixed the rattle. The 2nd time I used the cart at night, I kept smelling an electrical burning smell and sure enough the headlight burned out leaving a huge hole (about 3-4" in the headlight 'casing')... They replaced it, fixed the mirror that they mounted incorrectly (we fixed the side mirrors that were not mounted properly) and then Friday night all the lights went out & no turn signals, no headlights, no horn, no emergency flashers...NOTHING! I bought the cart in September 2015 and received it on Sep 30th! I don't use it every day and it was in the shop for about a week....hmmmm ~ I think I've actually been able to use it 4 weeks and 3 days! Since we feel something should be done (it's obviously a LEMON), service department told us to talk to sales! REALLY??? The service department didn't FIX the problem the first time causing more problems.... Not happy with CartWorld at all!!

FL has a lemon law that applies to vehicles. You may want to check and see if it pertains to golf carts as well. I'd also start with Seniors vs Crime. They go a great job on our behalf.

File a complaint with the better business bureau and start documenting everything that has happened.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I don't think that the law your talking about is a 20 mph speed limit. The law says that if a golf cart is capable of going over 20 mph on level ground in windless condition, then it is classified as an LSV (Low Speed Vehicle)

If the speed limit on a street is 25 and you're in your golf cart going 25 mph, going downhill with wind at your back, you are not breaking the law. Your golf cart is not necessarily categorized as an LSV under those circumstances.

As far as I know there is no law that prohibits a golf cart from going up to the speed limit as long as it is not capable of going over 20mph on level ground in windless conditions.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Consider calling the manufacturer directly and voicing your complaints with the product and the dealer. Golf carts are a major purchase and a consumer should expect them to be in good and working order without all the issues you are experiencing.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I am happy to certify you as a good guy who drove your GRANDKIDS through Plains Ga to attend a Sunday School class of of Jimmy Carter's. You should not have to certify to any human again.

Some people bring out the best in us. You do, dbussone.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I don't think that the law your talking about is a 20 mph speed limit. The law says that if a golf cart is capable of going over 20 mph on level ground in windless condition, then it is classified as an LSV (Low Speed Vehicle)

If the speed limit on a street is 25 and you're in your golf cart going 25 mph, going downhill with wind at your back, you are not breaking the law. Your golf cart is not necessarily categorized as an LSV under those circumstances.

As far as I know there is no law that prohibits a golf cart from going up to the speed limit as long as it is not capable of going over 20mph on level ground in windless conditions.
Where did you come up with the level ground and windless condition clause? I have read the statutes and nowhere do I see that.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Some people bring out the best in us. You do, dbussone.
I know it's off topic to give an "attaboy" and I apologize. But dbussone really is a sweetheart, always helpful.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:48 PM

Really amused here at this whole post.. Bottom line is 20 means 20 and Stop means Stop! if you don't do either you deserve the ticket. End of story! So what if someone passes you. They're wrong and they'll get the fine. If they cut you off..Heck just smile and wave..with the middle finger...lol
Old 11-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The speed limit is not enforced on the MMPs as the Sheriff's department does not have jurisdiction there. Drunk golf cart driving or an accident that causes an injury is a different story, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibel7 View Post
Really amused here at this whole post.. Bottom line is 20 means 20 and Stop means Stop! if you don't do either you deserve the ticket. End of story! So what if someone passes you. They're wrong and they'll get the fine. If they cut you off..Heck just smile and wave..with the middle finger...lol
Old 11-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Clarification (added later): I do not wish to remove the contents in a post even if I may be mistaken. When I hear the term governor in a golf cart, I think a gas cart. I never call regenerative braking or a speed controller (electric cart) a governor. I am likely wrong here in my definition of governor.

Which governor? Must be from a state like MA or CA where they must protect everyone from them selves .... I had no idea you could hire them out...

Forgive me, I am just being silly, as electrics carts have no such thing
AJ now your just showing off glad you did or I would still be referring to a regenerative braking or speed controller as a governor that is a governor isn't it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????/

Last edited by rubicon; 11-09-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
CartWorld fudged on a battery warranty batteries that didn't last 1/1/2 years so 7 years ago iI told them they lost my business. Back then they were one of the main dealers but as TV grew so did their competitors.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Sage
Default ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
If the speed limit on a street is 25 and you're in your golf cart going 25 mph, going downhill with wind at your back, you are not breaking the law.
Is this actually written somewhere?
Closed Thread

Tags
mph, wind, tailwind, speed, hill, 2-3, cart, place, fine, fight, time, cop, prepared, zaps, circumstances, depending, $500, court, penalty, event, knock, unfair, unfairly, eye, ticketed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.