2017 & 2018 Yamaha Golf Cart Camber Problems

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-30-2019, 12:01 PM

Default 2017 & 2018 Yamaha Golf Cart Camber Problems

I have seen here where other 2017 & 2018 Yamaha Drive2 owners are complaining about negative camber on the front wheels causing extreme wear on the inside of the tires. I just talked a Yamaha Dealer who informed that there is NO adjustment on camber. Furthermore, Yamaha Corporation says they don't recognize any problem with the negative camber. So, it looks like we will just have to buy two new tires every 18 months

Old 06-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaco906 View Post
I have seen here where other 2017 & 2018 Yamaha Drive2 owners are complaining about negative camber on the front wheels causing extreme wear on the inside of the tires. I just talked a Yamaha Dealer who informed that there is NO adjustment on camber. Furthermore, Yamaha Corporation says they don't recognize any problem with the negative camber. So, it looks like we will just have to buy two new tires every 18 months
A quick Google search offered 2 options, the first custom spacers on the springs, and second drilling out the hole at the top of the frame, setting the camber correctly, and welding in washers. I did see mention for a camber adjustment kit, but did not click in the link. You may want to do a more detailed search for a solution. Also, there were comments to make sure the TOE was set correctly before any of this was done.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:48 PM

When your tires wear out is it straight across the tread, or just the inside 2-3 inches of tread.?

Tags
camber, yamaha, tires, negative, recognize