2017 Yamaha EFI Gas Carts

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2016, 09:24 AM
Default 2017 Yamaha EFI Gas Carts

Wow I just drove the new 2017 Yamaha Very Quiet gas golf cart at The Villages Golf Cart Store in Sumter Landing and it was amazing. Anyone else checked these out yet??
Old 08-03-2016, 05:50 PM

Very quiet, as quiet as an electric. Also they have independent rear suspension, not a solid rear!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

I'll be buying a golf card when we move down next year and have lots of questions and get lots of often conflicting answers. I won't even go into the whole gas vs. electric thing. There's a part of me that would really like to go electric but whenever I've visited, about 90% of the carts I see parked at the various town centers are Yamaha gas models. They must be doing something right to appeal to that many people. And I would image that equates to a better resale value. Anyhow...

The original post mentions how great the 2017 Yamaha EFI carts are. I've read mixed things about EFI, mostly that it's hard to justify the cost difference on mileage or performance. Are all of the 2017 Yamahas EFI? If not, are the non-EFI 2017s and quiet as the EFI model? And do they have the independent rear suspension? Any other new features on the 2017s?
Old 08-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
I'll be buying a golf card when we move down next year and have lots of questions and get lots of often conflicting answers. I won't even go into the whole gas vs. electric thing. There's a part of me that would really like to go electric but whenever I've visited, about 90% of the carts I see parked at the various town centers are Yamaha gas models. They must be doing something right to appeal to that many people. And I would image that equates to a better resale value. Anyhow...

The original post mentions how great the 2017 Yamaha EFI carts are. I've read mixed things about EFI, mostly that it's hard to justify the cost difference on mileage or performance. Are all of the 2017 Yamahas EFI? If not, are the non-EFI 2017s and quiet as the EFI model? And do they have the independent rear suspension? Any other new features on the 2017s?
Fuel Injected..............nice not having to use a choke and less emission (IMO)
Old 08-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Veteran member

I priced them today with TV Golf Cart store. $10,900 for 2 seater loaded but with basic Sunbrella standard seat and any standard color built to order. Price is up about $600 over the 2016 model. Quite a few other changes in the new 2017 Yamaha besides the quiet technology and independent Rear suspension . I have to check these out. If they are as quiet as the Sales Mgr. expressed to me, it would be tough to justify electric IMO

Last edited by HoosierPa; 08-04-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
I priced them today with TV Golf Cart store. $10,900 for 2 seater loaded but with basic Sunbrella standard seat and any standard color built to order. Price is up about $600 over the 2016 model. Quite a few other changes in the new 2017 Yamaha besides the quiet technology and independent
Rear suspension . I have to check these out. If they are as quiet as the Sales Mgr. expressed to me, it would be tough to justify electric IMO
Always interested in other evaluations/thoughts........let us know after your ride.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:09 AM
Sage

My wife and I test drove the 2017. It is very quiet. My wife thought it had a smoother ride than our 2014 Yamaha. It also apparently comes with the high speed gear in the differential installed at the factory. Very smooth acceleration. It has independent rear suspension (as already noted in an earlier post) plus the body is now made of several panels so repair is less costly if the body is damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Always interested in other evaluations/thoughts........let us know after your ride.

Last edited by biker1; 08-07-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Quiet gas carts, really, is the gas pump quiet also?
We did a lot of looking, everywhere, we finally bought from AGC carts, locally near the Bonefish Grill.
Love it, quiet, dependable, no fumes, no flywheel clutch to engage, just total smoothness and clean to run. No need for a foot parking brake.
We found also that AGC will come to your house for service the first year, free. Yes. Can you beat that?
We have had our little jewel, EZGo from AGC and we truly love it. Their price was very competitive and they are wonderful to deal with.

bbbbbb
Old 08-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post

We did a lot of looking, everywhere, we finally bought from AGC carts, locally near the Bonefish Grill.

Love it, quiet, dependable, no fumes, no flywheel clutch to engage, just total smoothness and clean to run. No need for a foot parking brake.

We found also that AGC will come to your house for service the first year, free. Yes. Can you beat that?

We have had our little jewel, EZGo from AGC and we truly love it. Their price was very competitive and they are wonderful to deal with.

bbbbbb

So, why do you despise the internal combustion driven golf car ?
Old 08-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post

bbbbbb
I thought this thread was about 2017 Yamaha EFI gas carts!
Do you really think your riding your electric for free?
Most cart dealers offer free 1st year service at home for free!
Old 08-07-2016, 02:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post

This thread isn't any different from any other. It turns into an automatic pizzing contest. [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]
Old 08-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
It was.
Oops, they forgot that it has to be plugged in and batteries replaced ever so often.
Carts and Clubs from Ocala has always been here - for free - whenever I needed an adjustment or service.
Boom
Old 08-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
It was.
Oops, they forgot that it has to be plugged in and batteries replaced ever so often.
Carts and Clubs from Ocala has always been here - for free - whenever I needed an adjustment or service.
Boom
I also got our Yamaha cart from Carts & Clubs and they have been just excellent from the initial sale until the present!
Old 08-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Sage

Same here. Good dealer to work with.

Quote:
I also got our Yamaha cart from Carts & Clubs and they have been just excellent from the initial sale until the present!
Old 08-08-2016, 04:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

We got our 2015 fully loaded 4 seater Yamaha EFI from the original owner who bought it new through TV.
He eats the 5.5 K depreciation and we get the remainder of the 4 year warranty. Best deal out there, buy used.

The Villages Florida

Last edited by RickeyD; 08-08-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, gas, yamaha, landing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.