2017 Yamaha EFI QuieTech at Village Discount Golf Car

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Default 2017 Yamaha EFI QuieTech at Village Discount Golf Car

After a whole Lotta shopping around (I'm a numbers guy), I just got a 2017 Yamaha quiet tech from Village Discount Golf Car. Well actually that's not true , I got on the phone with Yamaha dealer out of the area , I bought the golf cart over the phone from the Yamaha Dealer, put the cart on a credit card. Then Village Discount Golf Car completly customized it. I've bought a couple of remanufactured carts from these guys and they do awesome work. In the end I saved a bunch of money, got a better enclosure IMO , A much better seat with folding Arm rests, Garmin Full color navigation and speedometer , and several little things that I really loved. Got full warranty because I bought it from the Yamaha dealer , and I already know Village Discounts service is wonderful.
I wasn't even aware of the new golf cart design a couple of months ago and I almost bought a 2015 , i'd like to thank this forum as I wouldn't of known without it ! Returning the favor. Passing it on

Dan
Old 11-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I've been surprised that the 4 Villages Golf Carts shops are still charging quite a lot for their Yamaha gas carts with this competitor so close. I bought my Yamaha cart from TV new in 2011 and fully loaded including Ultimate Seats, a black roof, SS wheels, 2 sand bottles, large mirrors, etc and it was $10,300. I think presently it would probably cost about $13,000 to purchase the same thing from them.

I see the Villages Discount Golf Store all the time because I drop my wife off next door at Victoria's Hair once a month. They seem to have really great prices and it sounds like a great place for options that you normally don't see elsewhere.

For those who don't realize how much the Yamaha carts are marked up in The Villages, you can get a brand new 2016 Yamaha Gas Cart from Cunningham Carts in Kentucky delivered to you for $5,495. That's a completely stripped down model you would find on a golf course, just like the picture below. I had checked these guys out back in 2011 and came close to buying then but didn't because of the convenience of buying from The Villages and their prices were not quite out of sight yet. Cunningham does offer options that they can add such as headlights and tailights for $300, folding windshield for $150, etc.. They haven't listed the 2017 models on their website yet.

2016 Yamaha Gas Golf Cart

The Villages Florida

Villages Discount Golf where the OP "ExCpaDan" bought his cart.

Showroom of many golf cars - Village Discount Golf Car
Old 11-04-2016, 05:21 AM

John good points, that's why I shopped around also. But let me clarify couple of things. The golf cart you've posted at Cunningham in Kentucky is a basic gas cart with a carburetor, the Quitech is a bit more expensive EFI cart with lots of factory goodies. Also be careful before you buy cart as you want to get correct factory led headlight kit etc. I would suggest calling Village Discount first before you buy, they have several dealers they can refer you too without having to Call Kentucky, and know what equipment you need.

I Grabbed this off Village Discounts website it looks like since I got mine they are advertising as Makeover Special on 2017 Yamaha , Club Car and Ezgo
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	8990
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	63552  
Old 11-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCpaDan View Post
After a whole Lotta shopping around (I'm a numbers guy), I just got a 2017 Yamaha quiet tech from Village Discount Golf Car. Well actually that's not true , I got on the phone with Yamaha dealer out of the area , I bought the golf cart over the phone from the Yamaha Dealer, put the cart on a credit card. Then Village Discount Golf Car completly customized it. I've bought a couple of remanufactured carts from these guys and they do awesome work. In the end I saved a bunch of money, got a better enclosure IMO , A much better seat with folding Arm rests, Garmin Full color navigation and speedometer , and several little things that I really loved. Got full warranty because I bought it from the Yamaha dealer , and I already know Village Discounts service is wonderful.
I wasn't even aware of the new golf cart design a couple of months ago and I almost bought a 2015 , i'd like to thank this forum as I wouldn't of known without it ! Returning the favor. Passing it on

Dan
Let me get this straight. You searched out a Yamaha Dealer over the phone using your credit card bought a new 2017 Yamaha EFI stripped or basic and had it shipped to Village Discount where you added all the desired amenities and you believe you received more and paid less.

Would you be willing to provide a little more detail because if true it
would be returning a favor to many of us. How did you compare price savings.? How does the warranty work? i mean do you go to one of the four TV Yamaha Dealers or will Yamaha honor work done by Villages Discount? And to consider the costs of shipping your cart how far out of TV did you go to contact a Yamaha Dealer? do you know if one can purchase a Yamaha directly from the factory?
Old 11-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Gold member

I felt the same way.....cheaper outside....BUT...after speaking with the villages golf carts sales..they explained a few reasons to buy from them....

1-if it breaks they will give you a loaner till its repaired.

2-if you have company they will give you a cart for free for there use

3-it comes customized when its delivered...

Cost more, yes....but to us it was worth it for the many times we have guests that want to ride around with us in there own golf cart.

It was worth a little extra to us for this convience
Old 11-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
<snip>
2-if you have company they will give you a cart for free for there use
<snip>
WOW! This is the first time I have heard of this.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Default Village Golf Cart

I have 2 carts neither a Yamaha and not bought from The Villages, but I have taken them in for service now that they cover all three. Always have had great service and always provide a free loaner while they have my cart. Also, you can get to their place of business in your cart. No need to have it picked up.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Village Discount Golf where the OP had his cart customized will also service the cart they sell you, but will come to your home.

Service - Village Discount Golf Car

Annual Service
Regular annual service is crucial, affordable and easy. Call us for an appointment and we will come to your house and perform the maintenance in your driveway.
Service: 352-633-8480

We Change
oil
spark plug
fuel filter
both air filters

We Check the overall operation of the cart
Back up Buzzer
Battery
Belts
Brake Lights
Brakes
Choke
Clutches
Control Pedals
Horn
Lights
Throttle Cables
Tire Pressure
Tire Lug Nugs Tightened
Tire Wear
Turn Signals
Voltage Regulator

Myself, I bought my Yamaha from the Villages at LSL in 2011, but I've used Willie Wicoxin 352-255-1369. He comes to your home and regular service is $70, he reliable, on time, usually ahead of time. I've also had him replace my battery, and flush out my gas lines and carburetor when I started using non-ethanol gas and my cart would only sputter along. You can search TOTV and his name will come up dozens of times when posters search for service.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Let me get this straight. You searched out a Yamaha Dealer over the phone using your credit card bought a new 2017 Yamaha EFI stripped or basic and had it shipped to Village Discount where you added all the desired amenities and you believe you received more and paid less.

Would you be willing to provide a little more detail because if true it
would be returning a favor to many of us. How did you compare price savings.? How does the warranty work? i mean do you go to one of the four TV Yamaha Dealers or will Yamaha honor work done by Villages Discount? And to consider the costs of shipping your cart how far out of TV did you go to contact a Yamaha Dealer? do you know if one can purchase a Yamaha directly from the factory?
I'll try to answer a few of your questions. No you can't purchase one direct from the Yamaha factory. I have a full factory warranty. Also, Village Discount Golf Car warrantees all of their work . I paid 7000 for the cart, and I did el Tigre seat , total was less than 11k delivered to The Villages. My suggestion is to go to Village Discount Golf Car and check it out. It's a great group of people , forward thinking buisness that cares about its customers well after the sale. Like I said in the above post I've bought two cards from them in the past . I've got nothing against the villages or carts and clubs , this was just a no-brainer for me .
Old 11-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Veteran member
Default golf cart

[QUOTE=Sail41;1315171]I have 2 carts neither a Yamaha and not bought from The Villages, but I have taken them in for service now that they cover all three. Always have had great service and always provide a free loaner while they have my cart. Also, you can get to their place of business in your cart. No need to have it

From bbbbbb
On the golf cart item.
After a lot of looking and comparisons,,,,,,,,,,,,, we did the following.
Bought Electric Ez Go from AGC golf carts they are next to the Bonefish Grill.
We love it. It is quiet and very dependable.
For the first year, they come out to do any maintenance and do it at our home or take it in and return it THE SAME DAY.
No spark plugs, no gas, no tuneups, no filters, really a quiet dream and very dependable, easy to keep charged, easy shift with the ignition key, easy to add water in the auto water feeder.
Great cart, very happy with their service and coverage.
bbbbbb
Old 11-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

New, quiet Yamaha coming this week. No more battery charging smell in the garage! What a smooth ride.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:57 PM
Default drove this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
New, quiet Yamaha coming this week. No more battery charging smell in the garage! What a smooth ride.
i have driven this cart,,, you cant listen to a radio when driving it, an it is so sealed up on the bottom for inadequate noise suppression that they cant extend the exhaust to get the odor away from the cart
Old 11-11-2016, 08:33 PM

I have purchased two new Yamaha carts from The Villages Cart dealership in the last four years, have them serviced there, feel like they know me, but have never heard of free rentals for my guests. I really doubt that is correct. How could they give your guests free rentals when you think about it? True, they are higher priced than other Yamaha dealers around here, but it is convenient and warranty work has never been a problem with them. If you buy from out of state, then have the customary "high speed" gear installed for use over the standard 12 MPH, what happens to your Yamaha factory warranty after the alterations? That may be a very large issue that negates any initial saving, IMHO.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietpepsi View Post
i have driven this cart,,, you cant listen to a radio when driving it, an it is so sealed up on the bottom for inadequate noise suppression that they cant extend the exhaust to get the odor away from the cart

Huh ?
Old 11-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

Got my 2017 yesterday. It is very quiet and drives great!
Closed Thread

Tags
yamaha, golf, bought, village, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.