2017 Yamaha EFI QuieTech at Village Discount Golf Car

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2016, 10:26 AM

Why not just go to Carts and Clubs in Ocala? They are a Yamaha dealer and deliver fully equipped cart for less money than TV carts
Old 11-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Sage

The warranty issue with the installation of the high speed gear is certainly interesting. The conclusion I came to was the factory warranty is out the door and you only have the warranty from the dealer. We purchased our cart from Carts and Clubs and I view our warranty as only from them. If we moved away from The Villages and took our cart with us then we are probably on our own. The 2017s have a high speed gear installed at the factory so there is potentially less of an issue. For the record, I am not concerned as Carts and Clubs is a good company to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
I have purchased two new Yamaha carts from The Villages Cart dealership in the last four years, have them serviced there, feel like they know me, but have never heard of free rentals for my guests. I really doubt that is correct. How could they give your guests free rentals when you think about it? True, they are higher priced than other Yamaha dealers around here, but it is convenient and warranty work has never been a problem with them. If you buy from out of state, then have the customary "high speed" gear installed for use over the standard 12 MPH, what happens to your Yamaha factory warranty after the alterations? That may be a very large issue that negates any initial saving, IMHO.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Veteran member

New 2017 Yamaha loaded for $10,500 at Village Discount Golf Carts on 466. They coordinate your purchase from an out
of town dealer then they customize it to your liking.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:12 PM

Got this off of the Yamaha Factory Website. Florida factory authorized Yamaha dealers . You don't have to go out of state folks..
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0940.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	64039  
Old 01-18-2017, 12:55 PM

Thank you ExCpaDan for your post. Absolutely ecstatic with Village Discount Golf Car. Love our 2017 Yamaha!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3116.jpg
Views:	2253
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	65403  

Last edited by bfoxy; 01-18-2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Picture
Old 01-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoxy View Post
The Villages Florida

Thank you ExCpaDan for your post. Absolutely ecstatic with Village Discount Golf Car. Love our 2017 Yamaha!
I see they've enlarged the front turn signals, good move. The old ones you could hardly see and only if you knew where to look. However, I am surprised those big swingout mirrors are mounted so high. I bought my Yamaha from TV at LSL over 5 years ago and they were mounted in the same place. Everytime I went around a curve it created a blind spot right in the middle, and after I almost had a head-on collision I went right back to the dealer and told them. They lowered the mirrors on my cart to where the top edge of the mirror is inline with the black line across the windshield and put black plugs in the old holes.

After that whenever I stopped in I would check the mirrors and they had them lowered on all the new carts for sale. Now apparently someone along the way has gone back to mounting them high again. It could be a tall person is now doing the install as they wouldn't have the same problem as a shorter person.

Here in this photo you can see how the top edge of the mirror is inline with the windshield folding hinge or black line. Everybody that is 5'10" or shorter should keep in mind of that blindspot problem if your mirror is mounted higher.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
New 2017 Yamaha loaded for $10,500 at Village Discount Golf Carts on 466. They coordinate your purchase from an out of town dealer then they customize it to your liking.
I think that Yesteryear carts are using the Yamaha efi quitech chassis.
I just got a price from The Villages Golf Carts for a new YY cart, ouch!
Anyone know of a less expensive option to get a custom cart?

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-20-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:10 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Check out a Streetrod. Their new price includes taxes. Also a good used one is usually good as new. They drive very nice.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Check out a Streetrod. Their new price includes taxes. Also a good used one is usually good as new. They drive very nice.
Thanks for the suggestion Bay Kid. You are right, Street Rods are great.
But I've checked out Street Rods, and they are more expensive than Yesteryear Carts.
I looked at a 2016 Street Rod yesterday; they are offering a $750 price reduction which makes it around $23,000 including taxes. I drove one yesterday and found it very noisy.
That is why I'm very interested in Yamaha's QuieTech technology. You have a new 2017, is it quiet?
I'm hoping someone can suggest a company outside of TV that makes custom carts.

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-21-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
If you are handy, I have seen kits for changing an existing cart to one that looks like a Mustang, 57 chevy, etc, or one of the yesteryear carts. If I recall correctly, the kits were $2000 to $3000, and of course you are doing all of the finishing work. Looks like a lot of fun (I have rebuilt 78 cars from the ground up), so if I ever find the 'right' kit, I will probably do a golf cart.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
If you are handy, I have seen kits for changing an existing cart to one that looks like a Mustang, 57 chevy, etc, or one of the yesteryear carts. If I recall correctly, the kits were $2000 to $3000, and of course you are doing all of the finishing work. Looks like a lot of fun (I have rebuilt 78 cars from the ground up), so if I ever find the 'right' kit, I will probably do a golf cart.
I'm about as handy as a second thumb.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:22 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion Bay Kid. You are right, Street Rods are great.
But I've checked out Street Rods, and they are more expensive than Yesteryear Carts.
I looked at a 2016 Street Rod yesterday; they are offering a $750 price reduction which makes it around $23,000 including taxes. I drove one yesterday and found it very noisy.
That is why I'm very interested in Yamaha's QuieTech technology. You have a new 2017, is it quiet?
I'm hoping someone can suggest a company outside of TV that makes custom carts.
Yes it is very quiet. I bought this for Mom and Dad to use because they are quiet. You can tell them by the plate "Driving Miss Isabell". Sorry if they are holding up traffic!
Old 01-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I felt the same way.....cheaper outside....BUT...after speaking with the villages golf carts sales..they explained a few reasons to buy from them....

1-if it breaks they will give you a loaner till its repaired.

2-if you have company they will give you a cart for free for there use

3-it comes customized when its delivered...

Cost more, yes....but to us it was worth it for the many times we have guests that want to ride around with us in there own golf cart.

It was worth a little extra to us for this convience
The Villages Golf Cars DOES NOT "give you a cart for free" if you have company for their use.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Sage

We drove a 2017 Yesteryear Golfcart today with Yamaha's QuieTech technology.
It is much, much quieter than a Street Rod.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Golf carts

[QUOTE=ExCpaDan;1314314]After a whole Lotta shopping around (I'm a numbers guy), I just got a 2017 Yamaha quiet tech from Village Discount Golf Car. Well actually that's not true , I got on the phone with Yamaha dealer out of the area , I bought the golf cart over the phone from the Yamaha Dealer, put the cart on a credit card. Then Village Discount Golf Car completly customized it. I've bought a couple of remanufactured carts from these guys and they do awesome work. In the end I saved a bunch of money, got a better enclosure IMO , A much better seat with folding Arm rests, Garmin Full color navigation and speedometer , and several little things that I really loved. Got full warranty because I bought it from the Yamaha dealer , and I already know Village Discounts service is wonderful.
I wasn't even aware of the new golf cart design a couple of months ago and I almost bought a 2015 , i'd like to thank this forum as I wouldn't of known without it ! Returning the favor. Passing it on

Hi, we have two friends who bought from Village DISCOUNT CARTS and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, THEY ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE PRICES, THE TECH KNOWLEDGE AND THE SERVICE. That is the shop on 466 east of Morse.
Stopped and talked to them and that will be my next purchase and they seem to be great.

bbbbbb
Closed Thread

Tags
yamaha, golf, bought, village, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.