2019 Yahama Drive2 QuieTech

2019 Yahama Drive2 QuieTech

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 09-29-2019, 09:03 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 4,394
Thanks: 32
Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Hello-

A new 2019 Yamaha Drive2 QuieTech (Lifestyle) version offered by The Villages is selling @ 11,595 - 600 cash discount plus tax. They are unwilling to negotiate their price.

Is there any other Golf Cart dealer in the area that sells the same ( similar) version cheaper ?

Thxs
You’re not going to get the caption type bucket seat with drivers side adjustable and lumbar adjustment. When you buy you have to compare options, naturally cheaper seats are going to lower the overall price of the cart. If that not important then you can find them grand or two cheaper.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 09-29-2019, 09:06 PM
Bruce zapolski Bruce zapolski is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Can you recommend any places where I could buy the canvas? And would you know of anyone that could install it?? Thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #13  
Old 09-30-2019, 08:19 AM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,132
Thanks: 5
Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Default

If you buy your cart stripped down, Villages Discount Golf Cars on 466 east of Morse in the tan shopping center next to Birdie Golf advertises a price $2500 to make your cart Village Ready. They also sell one year old Yamaha carts loaded for $8900 that look like this, they'll paint it any color you like and customize like you want.

The Villages Florida

My neighbor bought one last year and I've ridden in it numerous times and it's no different than my Yamaha I bought new from The Villages. They have a different Sunbrella system that uses velcro instead of zippers and snaps in some places. The windshield has vents which I like better. The seats have side armrests, but not a center one like my Ultimate Seat. Mirrors are nice with turn signals inside the mirror. He even got a black roof like mine, but TV charged $300 for that option. To buy a new one with these upgrades would probably cost $13,000 or more from The Villages.

Village Discount Golf Car
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-01-2019, 03:19 AM
Down Sized's Avatar
Down Sized Down Sized is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you buy your cart stripped down, Villages Discount Golf Cars on 466 east of Morse in the tan shopping center next to Birdie Golf advertises a price $2500 to make your cart Village Ready. They also sell one year old Yamaha carts loaded for $8900 that look like this, they'll paint it any color you like and customize like you want.

The Villages Florida

My neighbor bought one last year and I've ridden in it numerous times and it's no different than my Yamaha I bought new from The Villages. They have a different Sunbrella system that uses velcro instead of zippers and snaps in some places. The windshield has vents which I like better. The seats have side armrests, but not a center one like my Ultimate Seat. Mirrors are nice with turn signals inside the mirror. He even got a black roof like mine, but TV charged $300 for that option. To buy a new one with these upgrades would probably cost $13,000 or more from The Villages.

Village Discount Golf Car
The $300 black top sure looks white to me? Plus many of their carts are years old that they customize.
__________________
Life is simple. It’s just not easy.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-01-2019, 07:16 AM
Bay Kid's Avatar
Bay Kid Bay Kid is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern Neck/Chesapeake Bay, Winifred
Posts: 2,255
Thanks: 13
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you buy your cart stripped down, Villages Discount Golf Cars on 466 east of Morse in the tan shopping center next to Birdie Golf advertises a price $2500 to make your cart Village Ready. They also sell one year old Yamaha carts loaded for $8900 that look like this, they'll paint it any color you like and customize like you want.

The Villages Florida

My neighbor bought one last year and I've ridden in it numerous times and it's no different than my Yamaha I bought new from The Villages. They have a different Sunbrella system that uses velcro instead of zippers and snaps in some places. The windshield has vents which I like better. The seats have side armrests, but not a center one like my Ultimate Seat. Mirrors are nice with turn signals inside the mirror. He even got a black roof like mine, but TV charged $300 for that option. To buy a new one with these upgrades would probably cost $13,000 or more from The Villages.

Village Discount Golf Car
Sounds like a great deal depending on where the carts were used. Good warranty?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-01-2019, 07:21 AM
Regor Regor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 265
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How come the cart in the picture has the pre 2017 headlights?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-01-2019, 08:43 AM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,132
Thanks: 5
Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
The $300 black top sure looks white to me? Plus many of their carts are years old that they customize.
That's not my neighbor's cart. I said they will customize however you want and will paint your cart any color you want. My neighbor chose a blue cart with black roof. This photo is taken from their website of a cart you can buy for $8999. Sorry for the confusion that I didn't label the photo. My neighbor's cart is a EFI Quie Tech Cart, how long has that been available? I'm sure you could ask to the see the paperwork of when it was manufactured. They do have cheaper carts, but the OP was looking at new. It's obvious that they don't update their website every month by showing examples that are older, but you should get the idea. You can actually visit the place in person. Here's another from their site:

The Villages Florida

Last edited by John_W; 10-01-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-04-2019, 04:34 PM
curtis41 curtis41 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My 2-seats Quietec Drive 2 was $7600 at Augusta ATV, with the big warehouse just inside S.C. They must have had hundreds of carts, all configurations. There is also one dealership in Augusta GA, but they did not have the selection as their warehouse. I was pleased with the price and the dealer answered all my questions. They also had EZ-Go and other cart manufacturers. Never saw so many nice golf carts before.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Bruce zapolski Bruce zapolski is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Basic 2020 Yamaha golf cart pick your color... black 10 in wheels .. buy at tnt in Georgia $7199 plus tax. The Villages I believe was 9200 or 9500 same exact cart. Two grand difference pretty sad . And somebody’s gonna say something about service but you can service anywhere you want there’s a lot of good guys out there Willys could fix it if you have a problem but it still under warranty no matter where you go
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-04-2019, 06:56 PM
PrudentLifer PrudentLifer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: The Villages, Florida
Posts: 205
Thanks: 44
Thanked 65 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce zapolski View Post
Basic 2020 Yamaha golf cart pick your color... black 10 in wheels .. buy at tnt in Georgia $7199 plus tax. The Villages I believe was 9200 or 9500 same exact cart. Two grand difference pretty sad . And somebody’s gonna say something about service but you can service anywhere you want there’s a lot of good guys out there Willys could fix it if you have a problem but it still under warranty no matter where you go


Which goes for a lot of other pricey things around here as well for no other reason other than because they have and will continue to get away with it. Are we living in West Palm? You'd think it was, but it ain't.


"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
version, quietech, drive2, golf, negotiate

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.