Evolution Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2020, 08:00 AM
Default Evolution Golf Carts

Does anyone have any experience with Evolution Golf Carts sold by Luxus Golf Cars (formerly ColumbiaParCar)?
Old 06-02-2020, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrahaim View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Evolution Golf Carts sold by Luxus Golf Cars (formerly ColumbiaParCar)?
I don't have experience because that brand is very new. I posted this info on another thread yesterday. Par Car there are many in TV, just do a search using the button at the top. They have good reviews but some negative, many of those pertained to the local dealer in Lady Lake who is no longer there. The Tomberlin I've known many who have owned them, never heard a bad word, they are assembled in Georgia. They have been sold by The Villages Golf Cars, a dealer on 301 by Lucky Cycles but they went out of business and another dealer, I forget where and they went out of business. They've had some tough luck with local distributors, maybe Luxus can do a good job.

As a side note: The Former Par Car Factory Dealer in Leesburg is now Lexus Cars at the same address 1736 E. MAIN ST | LEESBURG, FL. They still have Par Car but also two other electric brands Tomberlin and Evolution.

The Villages Florida

Evolution Golf Cars advertisment

The Villages Florida

The Evolution Golf Cars come with Lithium batteries.

The Villages Florida

Luxus of Leesburg, has the ONLY brand new golf cart on the market with LITHIUM batteries for less than $8,000 out the door!

The Villages Florida
Old 06-02-2020, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

We have two electric carts, one is a Par Car....just about 6 years old. Have been with three Par Car dealers through that period. Have had Luxus service twice and are satisfied with their service. We have them pick up when we believe there is an issue or a specific service we want. They call and provide what work needs to be completed and the cost. When the return the cart the cost is what as quoted. I suspect they do that with all the brands they carry. As far as the Evolution, from what I read it isn't much different from other electric carts.....doesn't seem that anything is propriatary nor much different from other leading electrics, Par, Tomberline, Star etc. Factory support for a new company would be my only concern.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-02-2020, 08:32 PM

Thank you for the information. I visited the Luxus showroom and discussed the Evolution at length with the owners.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:33 PM

Thank you for the information,
Old 06-02-2020, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Thank you for the information. I visited the Luxus showroom and discussed the Evolution at length with the owners.
And??

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-03-2020, 05:17 AM

We purchased an Evolution Cart and were told that they have an AC motor instead of the normal DC motor. The AC motor is suppose to make the batteries last longer between charges. The issue we had was there is no gradual start when you press on the pedal. It takes off like a shot. It was so bad that my wife wouldn’t even drive it and I got to the point that I didn’t like driving it. Before we left to go back north, we had the dealership pick the cart up and asked them to sell it for us. DON’T BUY ONE
Old 06-03-2020, 07:22 AM
Default Electric Carts

Take a look at an Atomic Cart - AC/Heat Li-ion battery etc. Will go 100 miles on a charge.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:35 AM

Yes we have one. It came with the house we bought. Ours is a 2014. We love it. I have replaced the batteries, the tires/ wheels and turn signal. I had an alignment done on it last November. It’s GREAT!!!!
Don’t expect to get anyone around here to do “service”. I’ve gotten derogatory comments from many service places the second they hear the brand. It took a while for me to learn everything I can about it- and I am still learning. We use a parts place located in Ocala. The batteries I got from Battery Boys. The wheels and tires I got online delivered. The alignment was one of these places that come to your house.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2020, 10:41 AM

I can't tell you anything about the Evolution product but can tell you about our Par Car experience, good and bad. Quality of parts: very average. Reliability: fairly good. Plenty of power even after about 50 miles of driving on a charge with 4-year old batteries. Never pushed it beyond that. First set of batteries lasted 6 years which is about 600 hours for us. We did have to have the motor rebuilt also at 600 hours. Apparently the brushes wore out. This was unexpected but may be normal, I don't know. Steering: Not very precise compared to other carts I've driven. Enclosure: worked quite well at keeping us dry and warm - no problems with it. Noise: It is a relatively quiet ride - as quiet or more so than most other other brand electric carts I've been in. Brakes: probably about average - nothing to write home about. Lighting: excellent, better than most and were aimed correctly which seems to be a huge problems with carts here in TV. Turn signals and brake lights are quite good, much better than the Yamahas pathetic front turn signals of the same vintage (they've greatly improved with recent models fortunately). Suspension: way too stiff. Lastly, and this is probably a strong personal preference issue, we bought our Par Car with the 13 inch wheels - big mistake. Because of the wheel size the tire profile is very small, so there is too little rubber between the wheel and the road. Every bump is felt - very little cushioning which, along with the stiff suspension, contributes to a rough ride. I notice the picture of the Evolution cart also has big wheels and low profile tires. Looks great but adversly affects the ride quality. I also like the idea of the Lithium ion battery. I would definitely go this route on a new electric cart purchase. There you have it.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Thumbs up

We have a Tomberlin and love it by Lexus. Drives so smoothe and quiet. We also keep up the warranty by getting it checked every 6 months.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:29 PM
Gold member

The only problem I have with them is that nobody makes a cab for them. That is our first priority.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
The only problem I have with them is that nobody makes a cab for them. That is our first priority.
You mean a Curtis Cab or Sleekline? Since they cost close to $3,000 and I probably wouldn't use it more than a month or so, I don't see the need. Plus it adds a lot weight, and you won't use it 10 months of the year. Have you looked at the Atomic Electric Cars, they have a dealer behind Sparr on Signature Drive off 44?

Curtus Cab Enclosure

The Villages Florida

Sleekline - has a local number for install questions contact Bob Schultz at (352) 552-5662

Sleekline Enclosure

The Villages Florida

Atomic Cool Kartz

The Villages Florida
Old 06-04-2020, 07:55 AM
Gold member

We use our Curtis Cab everytime my wife rides in the cart, year long. When we bought our cart 7 years ago, that was my wife's only requirement. It rains nearly everyday here in the summer and she does not want to be kept home because of the rain. The wind messes up her hair too. Anyway, they always say, "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". The one thing we hardy ever use is our 2015 car.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
We use our Curtis Cab everytime my wife rides in the cart, year long. When we bought our cart 7 years ago, that was my wife's only requirement. It rains nearly everyday here in the summer and she does not want to be kept home because of the rain. The wind messes up her hair too. Anyway, they always say, "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". The one thing we hardy ever use is our 2015 car.
The rain makes sense in warm weather, but it's hot and muggy enough as it is, I can't imagine riding with doors closed on our typical summer day. I don't even like it when we put down the Sunbrella cover. It seems you would be soaking wet with sweat, but I guess at least your hair would look good. Has she tried a visor, that's what my wife wears.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, evolution, carts, experience, sold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.