2nd dedicated golf cart outlet

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Gold member
Default 2nd dedicated golf cart outlet

For those of you who have 2 electric carts, where do you plug in the 2nd cart? I recall someone saying they used a regular 110 v outlet in the garage, but is this safe? If so, is it just not as fast to recharge as the dedicated one? And how much juice does the dedicated one have, anyway?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
For those of you who have 2 electric carts, where do you plug in the 2nd cart? I recall someone saying they used a regular 110 v outlet in the garage, but is this safe? If so, is it just not as fast to recharge as the dedicated one? And how much juice does the dedicated one have, anyway?
In my garage in TV (build in 07) all of the circuits for outlets are 20AMPS. One is a dedicated circuit for the golf cart. I charge one cart in the dedicated circuit and the other on the opposite wall.

Any of these outlets are safe to charge the cart and have the same "juice" so will charge the cart the same.

The main reason they give us a dedicated circuit is to prevent people from plugging in too many things and overloading the circuit.

Say one of your circuits had 4 outlets on it and you plug in the cart charger, a table saw, a generator and hair dryer into outlets on the same circuit. If you did that the circuit may break (pop) and the cart charger would be off. This is by design and a safety feature.

A friend of mine did this years ago (popped a circuit). Plugged his cart in every night (to the dead circuit), by the third day he was out of juice . Taught him to make sure the needle on the charger moves before going in the house ....

Last edited by ajbrown; 06-29-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Gold member
Default good explanation

Thanks, just what I needed to learn, very helpful as we think we're going to buy a 2nd electric cart this fall
Old 06-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Gold member

We opted to have a 2nd dedicated outlet installed so we could plug in the electric cart in either spot it could be parked in the garage.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.