Adjusting Yesteryear headlights

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Veteran member
Default Adjusting Yesteryear headlights

My 2018 Yesteryear cart built and bought from Villages Golf Cars has headlights that point up. When I’m driving at night it illuminates the trees and bushes from about 4’up, but not the road. I’d like them lowered but Villages Golf Cars claims they are not adjustable and they are supposed to be like that.

Does anyone know some one more familiar than Villages Golf Cars with these Yesteryear kits that would know how to adjust the lights? I’d like to drive it at night, but right now it just blinds people.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

I am quite handy, and would like to give you a hand, send me a PM and we can get together and take a look at your cart. I am located south of 466a. you would need to bring the cart here so i would have access to all of my tools. Do you have a photo of the headlights?
Old 02-07-2020, 04:17 PM

I imagine they can be shimmed if nothing else. Have you changed wheels or tires? How about any fixes or modifications to the suspension? I suggest you take up villagetinker on his offer.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:27 PM
Veteran member
Default Thank you Village Tinker

Thanks to Village Tinker we found that yes indeed, the headlights on the Yesteryear carts can be adjusted. Don’t trust the word of those silly Villages Golf car folks that build them...
Old 02-09-2020, 12:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Thanks to Village Tinker we found that yes indeed, the headlights on the Yesteryear carts can be adjusted. Don’t trust the word of those silly Villages Golf car folks that build them...
Charmed, I forgot to mention, after you get a chance to drive at night, if I adjusted these too LOW, come back for a free readjustment, and thank you for your comment.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:03 PM
Sage
Default Yesteryear GC headlight adjustment

For everyone else that may have a problem with the alignment of the Yesteryear golf cart headlights. These headlights are typically mounted to the front fenders with a single post. There is a nut (about 5/8") under the fender.If you loosen this nut the headlight can be moved left and right, but also forward and backward which will lower and raise the height of the beam on the road. Also, make sure to open the head light (screw at bottom of light to loosen trim ring), and check that the bulb assembly in correctly seated. Once the headlight is correctly aimed, b e sure to tighten the nut under the fender.
This is the procedure I used to fix the GC, hope this helps.

Tags
cars, yesteryear, villages, golf, i’d

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.