air conditioning in a golf cart too ???

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2020, 05:13 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again
Default air conditioning in a golf cart too ???

haven't read much - wondering if any have it,,, realize 1 should have fully encl cab rather than canvas,,, bride can't take cold & has trouble w/extreme heat,,, why in **** she wants to move to tv's beyond me but......................................you know the rest ! golf carts are cheaper than divorces
found this if it helps: Golf Cart Cabin Cooling Fan For 36 Volt or Gas Carts | eBay
thanks in adv
Old 05-25-2020, 05:30 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
[

it's a fan.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Cant live with em cant live without em
Old 05-25-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I've been in a couple of carts that have those, it's only a glorified fan. A better fan is a 12" overhead fan that right above your head blowing down. The one in the dash you can hardly feel it.

The Villages Florida

If you're truly wanting to be cooled, get an Atomic Electric Vehicle, it's air conditioned. They can be taken on the golf course, but you might wear out the doors. There is a dealer on Signature Drive behind Sparr on 44 across from Traverse Shopping Center.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 05-25-2020, 10:19 AM
Platinum member

We've had the Breezeasy in our cart for 10 years and it's a lifesaver. vents can be pointed in any direction. We have it mounted below dash but some people install them under roof in rear.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:19 PM

Trying to get my head around anybody who moves to mid-Florida and can't take the heat......
Old 05-25-2020, 02:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisbum View Post
Trying to get my head around anybody who moves to mid-Florida and can't take the heat......
It was cooler before global warming?
Old 05-25-2020, 03:44 PM

Its called a car. Heat and air.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:34 PM
Sage

Sounds like you should be snowbirds
Old 05-26-2020, 05:57 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

thanks - knew i'd get a straight answer + anticipated a few self-appointed humorists & snarks would show up too,,, if it were up to me, we'd be snowbirds
Old 05-26-2020, 06:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,840 Times in 777 Posts

Quote:
haven't read much - wondering if any have it,,, realize 1 should have fully encl cab rather than canvas,,, bride can't take cold & has trouble w/extreme heat,,, why in **** she wants to move to tv's beyond me but......................................you know the rest ! golf carts are cheaper than divorces
found this if it helps: Golf Cart Cabin Cooling Fan For 36 Volt or Gas Carts | eBay
thanks in adv
Some people install the Curtis Air Conditioner. Works on Yamahas and other carts. The entire roof of your cart is replaced with an aluminum roof with a flat air-conditioner already in it. I’m not sure, but it might work even with just your rain flaps down. You might not need hard doors. The air-conditioner part is about two inches higher than the roof. I would certainly consider it. I wouldn’t use it while golfing, but I might on a half-hour trip to some store or restaurant. (As for those who say if you can’t take the heat, why did you come to Florida, I want to know if they have the AC on in their homes these days (grin).) I suspect that several cart dealers in the area could put one in for you.

Check them out on YouTube or see the Curtis web site below for more information.
First of its Kind Air Conditioner for the Yamaha Drive | Golf Course Trades Buying Guide for Superintendents
Old 05-26-2020, 06:18 AM

I used to have terrible problems with heat because our air conditioning in the house was set too cool. But a seasoned villager gave me a great tip and my problems in that department ended: In the warm months keep your air above 76, say 76-78, and run your ceiling fans in the house. It’s amazing how much it helps. My body apparently just doesn’t adjust very well. That overhead fan in the cart Shown in a previous post is incredible though. Also, wet A towel and put it in the cooler to help when it’s in the 90’s. Just pull the towel out and wrap around your neck, and when it warms up stick it back in the cooler for a little bit. And get that overhead fan. Btw we did get a cart with a sleekline cab. Love it to block rain and wind.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:21 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Yamaha had an option of a hood in the front. You added ice and then a fan blew cool air. Simple.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:21 AM
Default AC Golf Cart-Google Crown Carts

Quote:
thanks in adv
Google Crown Carts
Old 05-26-2020, 08:08 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowflakeinDeLaVista View Post
I used to have terrible problems with heat because our air conditioning in the house was set too cool. But a seasoned villager gave me a great tip and my problems in that department ended: In the warm months keep your air above 76, say 76-78, and run your ceiling fans in the house. It’s amazing how much it helps. My body apparently just doesn’t adjust very well. That overhead fan in the cart Shown in a previous post is incredible though. Also, wet A towel and put it in the cooler to help when it’s in the 90’s. Just pull the towel out and wrap around your neck, and when it warms up stick it back in the cooler for a little bit. And get that overhead fan. Btw we did get a cart with a sleekline cab. Love it to block rain and wind.
Same for us. We have it at 77 in the house and it has really helped us acclimate to the year round warmer weather. Even now (9am) I am wearing a sweatshirt until it warms up a bit more in the house. Only problem we have is when our family and friends from up north come visit, we have to set it lower for them or they complain and then we are constantly cold in the house.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, move, tvs, air, rest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.