Alternative to an Atomic?

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pessemist View Post
Absolutely, IF you want electric then Lithium is the only way to go. Really the only downside is up front cost but they tend to last 2x longer than lead acid so in the end the cost is similar.
2X longer?
Truth is, it could be 10X longer we just don't know yet.
But it's a lot more than double.
Old 05-28-2022, 02:41 PM
Location: Hunsville, AL/Pittsford,NY/Bedford, NH/Castle Rock, CO, Lawndale&Ft MacArthur,CA/Alexandria,VA etc
Default Golf cart questions middle of June

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
Hello, we will be moving in the middle of June. We will be buying 2 carts, I have decided that one will be a Yamaha for my wife to use for golfing. I really like the idea and the looks of the Atomic. With a base price of almost $19k with lithium batteries, I was wondering if there is an alternative that can be bought locally. I see an internet company that sells a similar looking car for almost half the price (not lithium). Anyone with experience? Thanks
We bought two electrics in the last two years. We hate the smell and noise of the gas. The tunnels reek.
They were Star cart and EVolution. They are both awesome and around $12,000. They have different features for your personality. I'm getting over 75-90 miles on a charge. Lithium so no smelly gas and oil etc. No maintenance. Don't believe the crap you will hear about electric not being long-legged or able to climb hills. Those people must not have tried an electric in years.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:30 PM

Please believe me when I say thanks for all the replies, but this isn’t an electric vs gas thread. I really want to find out more about the Atomic Kart and others like it. Thanks
Old 05-28-2022, 05:06 PM

GEM is a street legal cart available at the Chrysler deal on 441.
Old 05-28-2022, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
If by alternative you mean meets all the specs including legal on golf courses, then I think Atomic is it for now, but there are a lot of Chinese models starting to show up - maybe someone knows those. But, I would recommend the Atomic - AC, windows, can be street legal, etc. Lots of features for not much more than that custom golf cart.

There appears to be a dealer in Wildwood which part of The Villages is in.

Atomic Cool Kartz
Second vote for Atomic
Old 05-28-2022, 05:38 PM
Sage

The only advice I would offer is to buy one cart first and take your time on deciding on a second cart. You might find that you don't need it. You will have a better idea within a few months. I am assuming you haven't lived here before.

Quote:
Hello, we will be moving in the middle of June. We will be buying 2 carts, I have decided that one will be a Yamaha for my wife to use for golfing. I really like the idea and the looks of the Atomic. With a base price of almost $19k with lithium batteries, I was wondering if there is an alternative that can be bought locally. I see an internet company that sells a similar looking car for almost half the price (not lithium). Anyone with experience? Thanks
Old 05-29-2022, 06:09 AM

We have an atomic car and we love it. It's also a lot safer than a regular golf cart since it has a roll cage and re-enforced doors. The A/C in the summer is really great. We even used the heat a couple of times last winter.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
We have an atomic car and we love it. It's also a lot safer than a regular golf cart since it has a roll cage and re-enforced doors. The A/C in the summer is really great. We even used the heat a couple of times last winter.
Which batteries do you have and what’s the range. How long have you owned it. Thanks
Old 05-29-2022, 06:41 AM

If you are hell bent on buying an electric golf cart, then EZGO is the choice. Down the road all golf carts will need repairs. With EZGO Lithium, they are all made in the USA and parts are readily available. They have been building electric carts in the USA since 1954. When you buy the off brands that have popped up in TV you are heavily risking brain damage when it comes to repairs. Furthermore, all the repair techs in and around The Villages will tell you the same. Finally, you can resell a EZGO much much faster than those off brand carts and for a lot more money. No, I do not work for EZGO, I was in the cart business for years and know all to be true.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNative View Post
Atomic Kool Kartz just south of 44 & Powell Road. We had a Yamaha and switched to the ION. Love it. Range is about 60 miles without ac, 50 with.

Just get used to the “Karens” that will give you dirty looks and a few choice comments about having a car on their paths!
Maybe because you are not a Villages resident and shouldn't be on the MMP's which we pay to maintain.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:43 AM

Based on some of the replies I'm getting I have to assume that a lot of people don't know what an Atomic Kartz is. Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	atomic kartz.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	93968  
Old 05-29-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Maybe because you are not a Villages resident and shouldn't be on the MMP's which we pay to maintain.
You sound like a very happy person.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
You sound like a very happy person.
Sometimes the truth hurts.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
If you are hell bent on buying an electric golf cart, then EZGO is the choice. Down the road all golf carts will need repairs. With EZGO Lithium, they are all made in the USA and parts are readily available. They have been building electric carts in the USA since 1954. When you buy the off brands that have popped up in TV you are heavily risking brain damage when it comes to repairs. Furthermore, all the repair techs in and around The Villages will tell you the same. Finally, you can resell a EZGO much much faster than those off brand carts and for a lot more money. No, I do not work for EZGO, I was in the cart business for years and know all to be true.
I have an EZgo Lithium and was looking to add a 2nd battery (for distance) but have yet been able to find one from any dealer both here in Central FL as well as in North GA. That would be my only concern until the Samsung battery packs are easily obtained may be an issue getting parts. The other issue is that it is locked down to 19 MPH and always being passed on the multi-modal paths. I know 20 is the limit and yes if I was doing 20 may still get passed but at least I would be able to do the limit. It is very annoying you can't modify it without bricking the electronics or so I'm told.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:33 AM

Try a GEM. Neighbor just got one. Bill Bryan sells them.
Closed Thread

Tags
alternative, lithium, price, atomic, similar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.