Anyone **OTHER THAN** "Liquid Lights" Sell/install Golf Cart LED's?

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2017, 11:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default Anyone **OTHER THAN** "Liquid Lights" Sell/install Golf Cart LED's?

Anyone **OTHER THAN** "Liquid Lights" Sell/install Golf Cart LED's around here?

I waited almost 3 weeks for their install and find out less than 1 day before they were scheduled they "are out of all LEDS and rescheduling for the END OF MARCH."

They claimed they didn't have my "correct area code" and were unable to contact me and while that may very well be the case they DO have my address. They could have sent a post card to contact them.

There must be someone else who does this as it isn't a marvel of engineering to stick on some LED's and connect them to 12V.

They could have handled it better.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:12 AM

No sure but give Todd Casey a call 256-2068. He fixed our lights when the were NOT properly installed.....He's prompt, courteous and shows up when he promises.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:01 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Todd Casey did mine. Working great for 4 years so far!
Old 02-28-2017, 09:51 AM

Todd Casey. He was the original source for LED lights on golf cars before Liquid Lights came along.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post

I waited almost 3 weeks for their install and find out less than 1 day before they were scheduled they "are out of all LEDS and rescheduling for the END OF MARCH."

They claimed they didn't have my "correct area code" and were unable to contact me and while that may very well be the case they DO have my address. They could have sent a post card to contact them.

There must be someone else who does this as it isn't a marvel of engineering to stick on some LED's and connect them to 12V.

Gee, I had to look to see if my husband posted this! We got EXACTLY the same treatment, same excuse about not being able call us because they had our area code wrong. I'd understand if they had called and rescheduled but I had to call them when they didn't show up! We can't use another company as our son gave us a gift certificate for Christmas! Hopefully they will show in March!
Old 02-28-2017, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
Gee, I had to look to see if my husband posted this! We got EXACTLY the same treatment, same excuse about not being able call us because they had our area code wrong. I'd understand if they had called and rescheduled but I had to call them when they didn't show up! We can't use another company as our son gave us a gift certificate for Christmas! Hopefully they will show in March!

Hmmm, very interesting. Sure sounds like something is up with them. Maybe they aren't paying their bills and can't get parts? LOL. Their rep has always been good but that excuse sounds more like "the dog at my homework."
Old 03-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

My 2 cents is that I had LL install under cabinet LED's. My wife and I couldn't be happier with both the quality of the installation and the quality of the lights. We use them every single day, and it never gets old adjusting and changing the color and brightness of them. We hope to have LL out to do some lighting on our birdcage.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
My 2 cents is that I had LL install under cabinet LED's. My wife and I couldn't be happier with both the quality of the installation and the quality of the lights. We use them every single day, and it never gets old adjusting and changing the color and brightness of them. We hope to have LL out to do some lighting on our birdcage.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of their lights or their installation so your 2 cents (as you say) is off topic. I'm sure there are 1000's of very happy customers and I am sure they also had their appointment met.

My gripe is I waited 3 weeks for an appointment, then less than 12 hours before I just happened to call them to confirm (if I hadn't then I'd have been waiting around all day for no one to show up) and am told "we have no stock and we tried to get you but we had the wrong area code" and that "sorry, you have to wait ANOTHER 4 WEEKS for what you scheduled THREE WEEKS AGO."

THAT is BAD service because THEY HAD MY ADDRESS, just invest 47c on a postcard for me contact them and let me know. Then I read someone else had the identical problem with the exact same excuse..... "we had wrong area code and couldn't contact you." Sorry, if it smells like fish it's probably fishy.

To me that trumps (no pun intended) "good quality." Besides, everyone sells "the best" so they all claim and while it may or may not be true it has no bearing on this issue.

I'm sure there will coincidentally be a dozen more posts saying how great they are but doesn't fix or excuse the screw up for me and (at least) one other person in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Lights LEDs View Post
We will always do what it takes to try and keep everyone happy. .

AT the very least I should have been offered to be slipped in as soon as they get product rather than make me wait another month.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post

I have one better! They called me at 1:00 on the day they were supposed to install them between 1:00 - 5:00. I was told that they were, "so busy that morning that they ran out of lights to install" and would get back to me to set up another install date. I was called and given a new install date at the end of March.

I would have felt better if they had told me the truth.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
I have one better! They called me at 1:00 on the day they were supposed to install them between 1:00 - 5:00. I was told that they were, "so busy that morning that they ran out of lights to install" and would get back to me to set up another install date. I was called and given a new install date at the end of March.

I would have felt better if they had told me the truth.
At least they had your correct area code!

I guess the bottom line is:

Their product is excellent (not from personal experience but from what I have been reading and I have no reason to believe otherwise)

but .....

Their inventory control when it comes to allocating product for scheduled installs sucks and when they are under pressure (ie, a product shortage) they handle it very poorly.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 03-07-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

I going to get me one of them locomotive head lights put on the front of my golf cart and 100 amp generator to power it so it turns night into day and blind everybody on the cart path and adjacent highway.

I don't know what's so special LED lights, there all made in China. You can order them direct save ton, only have two wires to hook up Pos. and Ground. I put some extra front blinker lights on front of my cart, took me all 35 mins.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I going to get me one of them locomotive head lights put on the front of my golf cart and 100 amp generator to power it so it turns night into day and blind everybody on the cart path and adjacent highway.

I don't know what's so special LED lights, there all made in China. You can order them direct save ton, only have two wires to hook up Pos. and Ground. I put some extra front blinker lights on front of my cart, took me all 35 mins.
Unfortunately, not all LED lights are the same. They're like just about anything else. Cheap ones will have a shorter life, individual leds will stop working, and lights will fade and/or flicker. In the case of some LED's, you get what you pay for.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:26 AM

You can buy 32 ft. of 4 color led's on eBay for less than $20.00. That is less than a dollar a foot.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
You can buy 32 ft. of 4 color led's on eBay for less than $20.00. That is less than a dollar a foot.
And what quality do you think you really get with that?

Its not always about price, I know I learned a long time ago, going cheap is not always the answer, but going with quality always is.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:47 AM
Gold member

LL is the best and worth the wait.
Good people and very honest in my opinion.
Closed Thread

Tags
leds, golf, sell/install, lights, liquid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.