Atomic golf cart

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 03-06-2020, 11:04 AM
Veteran member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Maybe they'll let you try a "loner" for a day or two. Nice concept, but if you are a "big" person, you might feel a bit claustrophobic in one.
Also, I think it would be a PITA on the golf course - open the door, get out, hit your shot, get in, close the door, etc. Maybe no problem for you, but I would find that annoying. A standard golf cart with no doors makes more sense to me.
I agree, also they could get a regular cart for less money & when it's time to change batteries in 5 to 6 yrs. get ready to go to the bank to get a loan. 60V cart won't be cheap. But if your impressed with all the things it has in it, buy it to impress other people. Just my opinion, I actually had gas carts only because I would rather put in 7 or $8. worth of gas in a cart every couple of weeks than have to put $1,000.+ in batteries all at once. Just my opinion, but they can buy what they want, then after owning one they'll know if it was worth it. Nice carts but being 6'3" it wouldn't suit me!
Old 03-06-2020, 11:27 AM

We have had our Atomic Coupe for almost 3 years. We have over 11,000 miles on it. Use it exclusively in The Villages.
Regular batteries, not lithium. If lithium batteries would fit in the Coupe, we would probably buy them.
Our Coupe is "Street Legal" and can travel on all roads 35 mph or less.
The Club was disbanded several month ago.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:35 AM

We've owned our Zip for over a year and we love it. We also own a Streetrod golf cart, which is gas. Quite honestly I drive the Zip more than I do the Streetrod. While the Streetrod is cool looking and can be a convertible, the Zip is more practical and also more comfortable. It's great not getting beaten down by the weather, whether it's rain, cold, or heat. The Zip is like riding in a mini car, it's so comfortable. The Streetrod is like driving a family sedan compared to the Zip which is like driving a go cart on steroids. It's that much fun to drive. They're supposed to have about 100 mile range, so we'll see. I've driven it from Fenney over to Marsh Bend area etc and have yet to get the battery gauge to move off of the full mark. If i had to keep only one golf cart it would probably be the Zip. Just more fun, practical, and comfortable, than any regular gas golf cart I've ever driven. I'll deal with any battery replacement costs because I feel it's worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
zip-jpg  
Old 03-06-2020, 02:53 PM

They are nice, but small and there are not many places that maintain them. We didn't like that. Our first is a Yama and my second will be a non-Atomic electric unless distribution and maintenance locations improve on the Atomics.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:08 PM

We bought an AtomicCool cart this year- we love it. Great in the rain- love the heater and air conditioner, auto windows and windshield wipers. So easy to use !
Old 03-08-2020, 12:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Tango View Post
We've owned our Zip for over a year and we love it. We also own a Streetrod golf cart, which is gas. Quite honestly I drive the Zip more than I do the Streetrod. While the Streetrod is cool looking and can be a convertible, the Zip is more practical and also more comfortable. It's great not getting beaten down by the weather, whether it's rain, cold, or heat. The Zip is like riding in a mini car, it's so comfortable. The Streetrod is like driving a family sedan compared to the Zip which is like driving a go cart on steroids. It's that much fun to drive. They're supposed to have about 100 mile range, so we'll see. I've driven it from Fenney over to Marsh Bend area etc and have yet to get the battery gauge to move off of the full mark. If i had to keep only one golf cart it would probably be the Zip. Just more fun, practical, and comfortable, than any regular gas golf cart I've ever driven. I'll deal with any battery replacement costs because I feel it's worth it.
Regarding your mileage. On the Zipper the odometer is in KILOMETERS NOT MILES so if it says 100 you are actually getting around 62 miles. They kinda don't mention that
Old 03-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I agree, also they could get a regular cart for less money & when it's time to change batteries in 5 to 6 yrs. get ready to go to the bank to get a loan. 60V cart won't be cheap. But if your impressed with all the things it has in it, buy it to impress other people. Just my opinion, I actually had gas carts only because I would rather put in 7 or $8. worth of gas in a cart every couple of weeks than have to put $1,000.+ in batteries all at once. Just my opinion, but they can buy what they want, then after owning one they'll know if it was worth it. Nice carts but being 6'3" it wouldn't suit me!

Actually a "regular cart" with it's necessary options was about $1000 more than either Atomic I had and still have.

Buying it "to impress other people" is kind of a smug comment. I bought it because it's safer & has A/C & heat. We had a "regular" golf cart for a couple months when were renting here looking for a permanent place and it didn't like the "feel" of it. That said, IMO it does look "cool" and I have fun "customizing" it but that had maybe 10% of the reason for our purchase.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:21 PM

Very expensive

Tags
vehicle, villages, atomic, lithium, type

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.