Atomic Kartz

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2019, 04:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts
Default Atomic Kartz

I am looking at the Atomic golf cars. I have searched here and there seems to not be many threads on these.

I see they have a base model for $8300 that claims 50 mile range with AC running. It uses AGM batteries which means zero maintenance. So it solves two of the problems with most lesser expensive carts.

Anyone have one and could comment on them, and are they not popular for some reason?

My wife is somewhat concerned about not having AC in a regular golf cart, so this would solve that problem!

Comments?
Old 08-09-2019, 05:22 PM

Personally I'd be more than a little concerned about spending that much for an item with extremely limited, borderline nonexistent part and customer support. I looked online and I didn't even find anything about them other than it seems they have a website, a Facebook page and their main office is in Winterhaven FL.

Who will you call when you have an issue that they don't want to be bothered with...?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

There is a Villages group for Atomic owners. Their next meeting is Monday, Aug. 26. I am not an owner but I am planning to attend. There is an Atomic owner on this forum who will probably comment on your post when he sees it.

kathy
Old 08-09-2019, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

IMHO, you would need to check to see if you can actually use these on the golf courses, I am guessing you cannot because of the tires. Also there appears to be a lot of confusion about where these can be driven, saw one recently on Beuna Vista, no license plate!
I have no idea of exactly how these are classified, but if I were you I would check this out very carefully, especially if they can exceed 20 mph, where they are now a Low Speed Vehicle, and subject to insurance (like a car), safety items (like a car), and license.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

I have an Atomic Cart Zipper Model. It is set at 20 mph max. It is not for golfing, as it has a hatch back. I bought it almost two years ago and I love it because of the ability to lock it, use Air Conditioning and the safety of a three point seat belt. The local service is wonderful. I don’t think I would like having to open and close doors in golfing. The other models have golf equipment options. I don’t buy the 50 mile range estimates. Not in my experience and certainly not with air conditioning going. Since I only use this locally anymore, it is fine for me.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Sage

This is not an issue. There are optional tires, golf course approved, for an extra cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
IMHO, you would need to check to see if you can actually use these on the golf courses, I am guessing you cannot because of the tires. Also there appears to be a lot of confusion about where these can be driven, saw one recently on Beuna Vista, no license plate!
I have no idea of exactly how these are classified, but if I were you I would check this out very carefully, especially if they can exceed 20 mph, where they are now a Low Speed Vehicle, and subject to insurance (like a car), safety items (like a car), and license.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I have an Atomic Cart Zipper Model. It is set at 20 mph max. It is not for golfing, as it has a hatch back. I bought it almost two years ago and I love it because of the ability to lock it, use Air Conditioning and the safety of a three point seat belt. The local service is wonderful. I don’t think I would like having to open and close doors in golfing. The other models have golf equipment options. I don’t buy the 50 mile range estimates. Not in my experience and certainly not with air conditioning going. Since I only use this locally anymore, it is fine for me.
The Zipper is so adorable! I just wish they made a model with doors that slide open (and stay open as you drive). I know the itty bitty one has removable doors but I want sliding.

kathy
Old 08-10-2019, 06:10 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Not too good for golf. Opening the door for every shot. At least you have ac.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Thank you everyone!

Sorry it took so long to get back. We are closing Sept 4th and have a million things to do getting a bunch of contractors coordinated to do pre-move in upgrades!

I was wondering about that 50 mile claim, it doesn't make sense that Yamaha and E-Z-Go can't get that with their lead acid batteries and somehow Atomic can.

From what I understand they can go fast enough to be licensed as LSVs. This would actually be a plus for us, since we are moving into McClure, and that would let us cross a couple roads to get to Brownwood until the bridges are all in place.

We currently don't golf, but I expect we will soon. We do plan to eventually have one cart each, so my wife could have the Atomic and enjoy the AC and not having her hair blown around, and mine could be a regular cart - probably a E-Z-Go electric.

Ah, I will have to look into maintenance, I thought they were a national brand (startup), excellent suggestion - thank you.

Frank
Old 08-10-2019, 11:09 PM
Sage

Exactly which route would you take from McClure to Brownwood in one of those things (before the bridges and associated paths are in place)?

Yes, I believe the Atomic carts have AGM batteries. Regardless, doing deep discharges with AGM or flooded lead acid batteries for extended ranges will impact battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Thank you everyone!

Sorry it took so long to get back. We are closing Sept 4th and have a million things to do getting a bunch of contractors coordinated to do pre-move in upgrades!

I was wondering about that 50 mile claim, it doesn't make sense that Yamaha and E-Z-Go can't get that with their lead acid batteries and somehow Atomic can.

From what I understand they can go fast enough to be licensed as LSVs. This would actually be a plus for us, since we are moving into McClure, and that would let us cross a couple roads to get to Brownwood until the bridges are all in place.

We currently don't golf, but I expect we will soon. We do plan to eventually have one cart each, so my wife could have the Atomic and enjoy the AC and not having her hair blown around, and mine could be a regular cart - probably a E-Z-Go electric.

Ah, I will have to look into maintenance, I thought they were a national brand (startup), excellent suggestion - thank you.

Frank

Last edited by biker1; 08-10-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Thank you everyone!

Frank
Grumpy, make sure that beautiful Pyr will fit inside!

Tags
atomic, golf, solve, problem, comment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.