Backup Tunes instead of buzzer

Backup Tunes instead of buzzer

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 04-12-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
It's not annoying to me. I want to know it when you're backing up. Many people here have some degree of hearing loss. Music may not catch their attention or even be heard in some instances.

A cart can kill a pedestrian. I think there's a responsibility to operate it in a way that is the safest for all concerned. A minor annoyance to you might be a major hazard for others.
Serious question, I'm not trying to be flippant: If a truck needs a backup buzzer and a golf cart needs a backup buzzer, shouldn't a car have one, too? If not, why not? Why skip the middle-sized vehicles and limit this safety feature to just the big guys and the little guys?

k.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Sage

This seems to be going nowhere...…………………………..
Unless you are backing up for blocks...the noise is only on for a few seconds, Geesh!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2019, 03:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I thought the point of the noise was to remind *** ME *** that I have the cart in reverse. Cars don't have buzzers to let people know they are backing up and a car can do a lot more damage than a cart, so I am not sure I get why cart drivers need to warn pedestrians. [shrug]

k.
That’s because you haven’t been here long enough to see how some of these carts are driven.
If you back up and hit a pedestrian. Might have to sign your house over to them.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I think I am more likely to do what Steve said.

So how many people have disabled their buzzer because it is so damn annoying?

k.
First thing I did.
Still am able to turn around and see where I'm going.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:26 AM
Veteran member

I think turn signals and back-up beepers are to let other drivers and pedestrians know your intentions, hopefully you the driver know.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

Quote:
It's not annoying to me. I want to know it when you're backing up. Many people here have some degree of hearing loss. Music may not catch their attention or even be heard in some instances.

A cart can kill a pedestrian. I think there's a responsibility to operate it in a way that is the safest for all concerned. A minor annoyance to you might be a major hazard for others.
Agree agree agree. Please annoy me. I want to know that you are backing up and may not see me.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:

Totally agree, the back up noise is a necessity. Changing it to music would not alert those around the cart to it backing up. Thinking of others before yourself is the right thing to do.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
That’s because you haven’t been here long enough to see how some of these carts are driven.
If you back up and hit a pedestrian. Might have to sign your house over to them.
I guess you haven't been here long enough to know the law. In FL, if you lose a lawsuit, you CANNOT lose your home or your retirement accounts.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

Why dosn't my car have a backup alarm?

Tags
backup, tunes, buzzer, installed, kinds