[B]Disappointed in the Villages Golf Carts[/B]

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2019, 09:48 AM
Default [B]Disappointed in the Villages Golf Carts[/B]

One of the LED lights went on the light on the roof in the back of my golf cart. I was informed that they don’t fix the bulbs they replace the whole unit. This light was an little over 1 year old on my 2018 Yamaha cart. I thought LED bulbs lasted for years. I decided to replace the unit with a 2019 setup because I was told by the girl on the phone that they cost the same amount. They do but after the fact I found out it was double the amount of labor when I got the bill.
I paid the bill (not happily) and went to get my golf cart. Here is where I found the Villages Golf carts have NO PRIDE in their work. The rear light unit was mounted at an angle and not straight. The service manager informed me that it was because it was darker inside the garage where they did the work that the service technician could not see well enough to mount it straight. To fix it they had to drill another hole in the back of my golf cart.
Wow what an excuse that they could not see well enough in their garage to mount my light bar straight. I always thought that The Villages Golf Carts was the best place to go for service. I have never seen less pride in workmanship, and a so what we screwed up attitude but it was the lightings fault.
Needless to say I am very disappointed and will think twice before I bring my cart there again.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Y View Post
One of the LED lights went on the light on the roof in the back of my golf cart. I was informed that they don’t fix the bulbs they replace the whole unit. This light was an little over 1 year old on my 2018 Yamaha cart. I thought LED bulbs lasted for years. I decided to replace the unit with a 2019 setup because I was told by the girl on the phone that they cost the same amount. They do but after the fact I found out it was double the amount of labor when I got the bill.
I paid the bill (not happily) and went to get my golf cart. Here is where I found the Villages Golf carts have NO PRIDE in their work. The rear light unit was mounted at an angle and not straight. The service manager informed me that it was because it was darker inside the garage where they did the work that the service technician could not see well enough to mount it straight. To fix it they had to drill another hole in the back of my golf cart.
Wow what an excuse that they could not see well enough in their garage to mount my light bar straight. I always thought that The Villages Golf Carts was the best place to go for service. I have never seen less pride in workmanship, and a so what we screwed up attitude but it was the lightings fault.
Needless to say I am very disappointed and will think twice before I bring my cart there again.
Steve Y, they were correct that individual LED lamps generally cannot be replaced. I have done these repairs in the past, BUT it is highly dependent on how the LEDs are soldered in place. If they are conventional LEDs with wire leads, I may be able to repair your unit if you still have it. If they are surface mounted, probably not as it is difficult to buy small quantities of surface mount LEDS. Send me a PM if you would like me to look at the old unit.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage

I am always surprised when I am given an explanation of why something wasn’t done correctly. It is as if providing an explanation makes everything OK. There are plenty of independent golf cart people in The Villages that you may have better luck with in the future.

Quote:
Old 07-23-2019, 10:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Can you tell us which location?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-23-2019, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
I always thought that The Villages Golf Carts was the best place to go for service.
What led (no pun intended) you to think that? Like the dealer you buy a car from they may be good for an oil change but anything beyond that there are many better options. Problem is, they are very independent since the are (literally) the only game here in town to get a cart from and know the vast majority will flock to them for that reason for convenience, service and sales.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I had Villages Golf Cart (LSL) do work on my cart a couple of times,
each time there were quality of workmanship issues.
I now use a cart service that comes to my house,
much easier and better service.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:37 AM
Default Cart Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
I had Villages Golf Cart (LSL) do work on my cart a couple of times,
each time there were quality of workmanship issues.
I now use a cart service that comes to my house,
much easier and better service.

Who do you use?
Old 07-23-2019, 05:54 PM
Gold member

Carts and Clubs, best price, best cart and best service that comes to you.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-24-2019, 09:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

Carts and Clubs.....they have four trucks in The Villages everyday and do an excellent job!
Old 07-24-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
2nd (or third) Carts & Clubs for a) workmanship, & b) timely response/support to fix an issue.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
They will not service a Villages cart. They only service carts that were purchased at C and C...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2019, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
They will not service a Villages cart. They only service carts that were purchased at C and C...

Our first cart was a private sale that was still under warranty from TV, and our second cart purchased new from Carts and Club in Ocala.

Once our first cart was out of warranty, C&C does all our PM work yearly.

We were delighted with our new purchase from C&C AND their service.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:20 PM
Gold member

I’ve had very good cart service from Todd Casey,
and he comes to your house....
I have two phone numbers for him,
352-256-2068 & 352-465-3934
Old 07-25-2019, 10:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV View Post
Our first cart was a private sale that was still under warranty from TV, and our second cart purchased new from Carts and Club in Ocala.

Once our first cart was out of warranty, C&C does all our PM work yearly.

We were delighted with our new purchase from C&C AND their service.
Like I stated, Carts and clubs only services carts from carts and clubs...in case u missed it the first time.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:57 PM

There are going to be many that find out the hard way that their golf car was not being properly serviced or repaired.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, light, unit, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.