[B]Disappointed in the Villages Golf Carts[/B]

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2019, 02:58 PM
Sage

Enlighten us. Or do you want to play a game of "I know something you don't". You have played this in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGC View Post
There are going to be many that find out the hard way that their golf car was not being properly serviced or repaired.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:34 PM

Carts and Clubs do a great job but they only service carts that were bought from them since they set the things up different than the villages golf carts. So if you are in the need of a new cart, check them out before you buy.
santiagobob 20 year resident
Old 07-28-2019, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

I have yet find anything on golf cart I can’t fix myself, 12v lights are very easy. 9 times out of 10 if led burnt out ( and NOT ground problem) you have to replace the unit. IMO putting the light unit is crooked is like daa, what did they do you didn’t see?
Old 07-29-2019, 08:46 AM

Brownwood
Old 07-29-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Enlighten us. Or do you want to play a game of "I know something you don't". You have played this in the past.
Wasn't looking to hi-jack someones thread.

But like I stated, many are finding out that their carts are not being serviced correctly which is leading to extra repairs down the road. I don't think a day goes by that a new customer doesn't say " I don't think my golf car was being properly serviced" By the time they start to look else where, they have spent $1000 or more dollars on repairs. New Carburetor, new fuel pump, new clutches, new hubs etc. All im trying to say is question folks what your being told.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:13 PM
Sage

OK, fair enough. However, I just don't see much to actually service on these things. For example, on an Yamaha EFI cart, the maintenance issues are oil changes, replace the air filters (2), replace the spark plug, grease the zerk fittings on the clutches, differential fluid changes, replace drive and starter belts when worn, adjust the brake pedal travel, check and adjust the toe-in, rotate the tires, and replacement brushes on the generator/starter. Pretty much everything else will be a replacement when it wears out (clutches, fuel pump, etc.). I see the issue as one of correctly diagnosing when you need to replace a worn out and unrepairable (or not worth the effort to repair) part and not one of routine (and easy) servicing of the items I listed above. If you are saying that the items I listed above are not being routinely done then I would agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGC View Post
Wasn't looking to hi-jack someones thread.

But like I stated, many are finding out that their carts are not being serviced correctly which is leading to extra repairs down the road. I don't think a day goes by that a new customer doesn't say " I don't think my golf car was being properly serviced" By the time they start to look else where, they have spent $1000 or more dollars on repairs. New Carburetor, new fuel pump, new clutches, new hubs etc. All im trying to say is question folks what your being told.

Last edited by biker1; 07-29-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
OK, fair enough. However, I just don't see much to actually service on these things. For example, on an Yamaha EFI cart, the maintenance issues are oil changes, replace the air filters (2), replace the spark plug, grease the zerk fittings on the clutches, differential fluid changes, replace drive and starter belts when worn, adjust the brake pedal travel, check and adjust the toe-in, rotate the tires, and replacement brushes on the generator/starter. Pretty much everything else will be a replacement when it wears out (clutches, fuel pump, etc.). I see the issue as one of correctly diagnosing when you need to replace a worn out and unrepairable (or not worth the effort to repair) part and not one of routine (and easy) servicing of the items I listed above. If you are saying that the items I listed above are not being routinely done then I would agree with you.
You are correct- some of those items are not being checked. However, there are other areas of concern, or problem areas that don't get addressed. Its those items that when they fail, costs quite a bit to repair when they could have been prevented in a service. As an example- rear hubs on 2007 to 2014 Yamaha carts. Many get loose and go to failure, the only fix is replacement. Its a simple check and repair during a service. Many too have experienced the secondary clutch falling off, this one has cost owners hundreds of dollars to repair, but believe it or not, its a simple 2 minute one time fix, during a service. There are other things also that can be prevented. I know right now there are some that are reading this and saying "oh hell, we paid to have that fixed". Do you think your servicing body is going to tell you, "had we checked that during a service it wouldn't have failed".
A golf car is not as easy as everyone thinks.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, light, unit, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.