Golf Cart Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Default Golf Cart Insurance

How many of you use Foremost for your golf cart insurance? I'm thinking about changing from my current company and was told that most people in TV use them. What kind of service did you receive from them if you needed it? Would you recommend them or another company, and if another company, who and why? If you don't recommend them, why? Any comments or recommendations would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 AM

How do you determine the coverage levels for golf cart insurance? Guess I feel more comfortable with auto coverage levels but do not want to over insure either. Thanks! Lark
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If you are at fault for an accident regardless of wether you are driving a car or golf cart, your liability remains the same. That said given the fact that you are travelling at slower speeds and not the same distances as in a car, your exposure or time of exposure should be lower.....meaning if personal injury should occur from a golf cart accident, it should be at a lesser extent. However we all know and have see or read of bad things (some serious) happening while driving a golf cart.

Bottom line you should carry enough of liability insurance to protect your assests. IF something serious happens, believe me a lawyer will review or obtain your total net worth and then start from there. PIP is not required for a golf cart is not insured like an auto BUT considering alot of people donot carry liability for there golf cart, you may also want to consider Uninsured/underinsured liability...that choice is yours for your own protection and can be at lower limits than straight liability.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

Allstate has a great stand alone golf cart policy.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 PM

Does anyone know approximately what Allstate charges for a Tomberlin LSV in 2013?My auto insurance is already with them and we have an old club cart that we insure for $60. a year. Now to figure out just how much insurance we need for a 2011 emerge???
Thanks ahead, Kathleen
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM

Beware when the LSV’s are added to the Golf cart category your Golf insurance will increase. When LSV’s are modified to be Golf Carts they then will be put in the same insurance pool as Golf Carts.
Owners of Golf carts will have to adsorb the higher rate the LSV’s are paying now.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:48 PM

I just got a bid from Allstate insurance for $500. every 6 months!!!! to insure a 2011 Tomberlin Emerge! This was after the agent did much checking with the underwwriters etc! My husband and I have a flawless record in 40 yrs + with Allstate, except for one incident when a confused driver backed into us in the Sunpass lane! We are both extreemly safe drivers. Guess I'll be looking into Foremost??? Anyone have any suggestions of other companies? Thanks ahead, kathy
Old 07-03-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapesmama View Post
I just got a bid from Allstate insurance for $500. every 6 months!!!! to insure a 2011 Tomberlin Emerge! This was after the agent did much checking with the underwwriters etc! My husband and I have a flawless record in 40 yrs + with Allstate, except for one incident when a confused driver backed into us in the Sunpass lane! We are both extreemly safe drivers. Guess I'll be looking into Foremost??? Anyone have any suggestions of other companies? Thanks ahead, kathy
When buying golf cart insurance buy the maximum liability, $100,000. people have been killed or injured . Don't try to save a few dollars and jepordize the fortune you have accumulated.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Platinum member

If you have an umbrella liability policy, (these days it a really good idea), look up what the minimum amount of coverage you must have for the golf cart, then insure to that amount. This way you are fully protected above the cart limit but you are not paying for additional, unneeded insurance.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.