Best place for batteries? Install myself?

Best place for batteries? Install myself?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-28-2019, 06:26 AM

I used battery boys last time. My batteries are showing signs of weakening and their only 5 years old. I will use battery boys again and it looks like that will be within two more years.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

I'm a DIY type of guy. 2 electric carts since moving to TV 6 years ago. Each required repl batteries.

Both times, after much research decided to go with Battery Boys. Both times - the install was very professional. Our Yamaha a few years ago needed rust-cleaning and painting in the battery bay - BB guy took a long time to clean and restore before batt install - beautiful. Our Tomberlin just required batt removal and new install.

They perform testing afterwards and good instruction, warranty.

Would never try DIY for batt repl myself. Too risky, too difficult in order to possibly save a few bucks.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by luperona9 View Post
What is currently the best place to buy batteries? How much can you saving with self installation?

Need six 8 volt batteries for a club car. Is it worth it to change to eight 6 volt?

Much appreciated.
I believe that if you want to change to eight 6-volt batteries that some modifications involving welding to the battery compartment are necessary.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Batteries
Old 02-28-2019, 11:13 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Default Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by luperona9 View Post
What is currently the best place to buy batteries? How much can you saving with self installation?

Need six 8 volt batteries for a club car. Is it worth it to change to eight 6 volt?

Much appreciated.
Best ti call Battery Boys or Par Car guys on 441. they are very good on advice, they are honest and seem to be very professional and good to deal with.

Tags
batteries, volt, place, club, worth