Best Speedometer for Yamaha Cart

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2019, 08:00 AM
Sage

The aftermarket speedometers provided on many new golf carts are mounted on the steering column in plain view without having to look down at the dash or cupholders (the view of which is blocked by the steering wheel on our golf cart). The speed is in a large font on the Strikers. The speedometers also provide mileage if you choose to use that for scheduling maintenance - not all golf carts have hour meters. There is also a voltmeter; useful for monitoring the battery health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmb727 View Post
Actually, now that you mention it, I would argue the phone is better then the speedometer. If mounted on the dash or in the drink holder, the numbers are huge, takes up the whole screen, you can glance at it in .01 seconds. The speedometers I have seen are a lot smaller. But then again, the bigger question is, if your not speeding, who cares how fast your going.

Last edited by biker1; 12-10-2019 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:49 AM

I downloaded a "Speedometer" app on my phone - it works great. Search "Speedometer" in App store
Old 12-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts

I will add one more option, our previous cart had been modified by a previous owner to go around 26 to 27 mph. I bought a heads up speedometer that used GPS and had an alarm setting that I set for 20 mph. This kept me from speeding, but if I had an accident or was otherwise pulled over I could have been ticketed for operating an unlicensed LSV.
I still have the heads up unit, but the reflective material that is applied to the windshield could not be removed, no longer need it, new cart set for 19.9 mph.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:31 AM

Just check your speed with the phone app like mentioned above to make sure your only going 20 mph, and forget about it. Just a reminder if you get caught going over 20 it becomes a criminal offense which requires a court appearance, plus if your running that little motor that fast it's not going to last very long. Oh min. fine is at least $500. Check with the police if you have doubts on what the fines are.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:02 PM

But does a Garmin give you golf cart paths?
Old 12-11-2019, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyladycruz View Post
But does a Garmin give you golf cart paths?
The units that I have do not appear to have that option, you would need to contact garmin and ask them directly.

Tags
yamaha, speedometer, suggestion, brand, install

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.