Beware of golf cart maintenance charges

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2021, 10:45 AM

Suggest you try ********* 352-433-5411 Michael Thomas comes to your home. If it is a major repair may take it to his shop.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
///
Can you please give me the name of person/ company that did tree work.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnskcmo View Post
Warning, be sure you are getting what you pay for! True story, had our 2016 golf cart serviced at a local golf shop. Paid for level 3 service every year since we’ve had it. The cart started making weird noises and wasn’t running properly, about 3 months after service, I looked under the seat and couldn’t believe what I saw! The starter/generator motor ready to fall off, only one bolt was holding it on. How can you replace the drive belt and generator belt and not notice this? I suggest marking your old belts and have them placed on the floor of your cart, along with the old air filter, spark plug and anything else you pay to have replaced. They also charged $108 for a seat belt that was already there. You wouldn’t expect this from a reputable business! Beware!
Bill S
Sadly, the same is true of many items you bring in to have repaired. Some people ask for the old parts. It proves nothing, were those parts from you car. A simple solution,
buy some wild color nail polish and mark your parts with it. Replace drive belt and generator belt every year? WHY? Your car. Do you replace all the belts every year?
Old 05-20-2021, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
Agree…had our ‘bug’ man come inside and spray. He mentioned something about our house being worth $1,000,000. I almost laughed out loud. It’s a mid-priced designer home. No concept of what’s real here for most folks. That’s why…
You never know about people. Perhaps, just making small talk. I would like have said, I'll take it.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, belt, seat, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.