Booster seat for Carts

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-22-2015, 08:16 AM
OBoyle OBoyle is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Booster seat for Carts

We have a nice cart but unfortunately, my wife is height-challenged and has serious difficulty reaching the pedals. What I think we're looking for is a seat-back pad that will get her forward on the seat. It would need to hang from the seat back and be easily removable. Also, given my wife's penchant for style, there should probably be some color options too. Our cart seats are blue and white. Not sure she'd be real thrilled with a orange pad!

Anyone have any thoughts or, better yet, sources?

Thanks.

JLOB
  #2  
Old 01-22-2015, 09:18 AM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,718
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

any toss cushion will do the job and allow all kinds of choices.
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #3  
Old 01-22-2015, 09:28 AM
gerryh1943 gerryh1943 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I to have short legs but I went to grandma and Grandpa golf cart store and they have all trinkets for short people for the gas pedal and other things
  #4  
Old 01-22-2015, 10:07 AM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,718
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryh1943 View Post
I to have short legs but I went to grandma and Grandpa golf cart store and they have all trinkets for short people for the gas pedal and other things
where are they located?
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #5  
Old 01-22-2015, 11:03 AM
jnieman jnieman is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,260
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBoyle View Post
We have a nice cart but unfortunately, my wife is height-challenged and has serious difficulty reaching the pedals. What I think we're looking for is a seat-back pad that will get her forward on the seat. It would need to hang from the seat back and be easily removable. Also, given my wife's penchant for style, there should probably be some color options too. Our cart seats are blue and white. Not sure she'd be real thrilled with a orange pad!

Anyone have any thoughts or, better yet, sources?

Thanks.

JLOB
Hubby cut a block of wood and used a tie down strap to attach it to our pedal. I'm also short and it works for me!
  #6  
Old 03-05-2015, 12:01 AM
dotti105's Avatar
dotti105 dotti105 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Village of Gilchrist, fulltime
Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 86
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Carts and Clubs sells a great little cover for the gas pedal that is a block that places the pedal closer to the driver. It was not offered at The Villages Golf Car stores. In fact I asked the salesman there about it and he said he had never heard of such a thing. Kind of weird. Both sell the same brands.......

We didn't end up buying a cart from them. In the cart I bought it is easy for me to reach the gas pedal. But it was great to know that those are out there for us vertically challenged people!!
  #7  
Old 03-05-2015, 12:07 AM
Proscoe Proscoe is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The Villages
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The villages cart shop sells a cushion that is very comfortable and resolves this problem, My wife is very pleased with it!
  #8  
Old 03-05-2015, 12:46 AM
Yosemite's Avatar
Yosemite Yosemite is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 86
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Villages Discount Carts on 466 sells a gas pedal extension that velcros on to the pedal. This allows for easy removal when the cart is driven by a taller person. The extension fits all YAMAHA golf carts.
  #9  
Old 03-05-2015, 10:37 AM
OBXNana OBXNana is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central PA, Outer Banks, NC, Pinellas (soon)
Posts: 595
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Carts and Clubs sells a great little cover for the gas pedal that is a block that places the pedal closer to the driver. It was not offered at The Villages Golf Car stores. In fact I asked the salesman there about it and he said he had never heard of such a thing. Kind of weird. Both sell the same brands.......

We didn't end up buying a cart from them. In the cart I bought it is easy for me to reach the gas pedal. But it was great to know that those are out there for us vertically challenged people!!

When I had the same problem you gave me this advice and I never officially thanked you. It works great and I am sending you a big thank you!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.