Old 08-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Gold member

How much did you pay?
Old 08-03-2020, 04:57 PM

Can you send details of dealer "one state over?"
Old 09-19-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronharvey2 View Post
I agree with Gerry. Carts and Clubs in Ocala. Better deal than in TV. They bring it to you and service in your driveway.
Ditto ! Much more for much less. I lived in this area before we retired and built a
home in The Villages. Believe me, item for item, brand for brand, this is not the best place to buy if you don't want to over pay. If looking at used, ask a lot of questions and make sure you understand the subtle difference in terms: refurbished, reconditioned, etc. Also be aware, a "reconditioned" cart, a "rebuilt cart" does not guarantee the the replaced parts are brand new either. The faulty starter in a trade-in that has been "refurbished" may work just fine, but it may be one from another trade in. If that makes a difference to you? Many use good condition used parts in their automobiles, so it may not matter to you. People buy rebuilt carburetors all the time, you just want to do your home work and make sure you do not pay new prices for "reconditioned" parts.

Best deal we got was for the one we have now. Club Car from Georgia. Club Car delivered to our home in same shipment they were making to deliver a fleet to a course near Orlando so no charge at all for dropping one cart off for us. Club car dealer anywhere can service since a national brand, so no problem there, just much lower price than the options here. But, also very satisfied with our 2 Yamaha's we've had through the years, toss up which is best. IMHO both brands have performed well. All were gas, only had ONE electric, that was a long time ago and once was enough, easy to pouf gas into a vehicle in minutes, hard to go get a can of "electricity".....LOL.... as an old golf course superintendent told us when we were buying our first cart many years ago. That thought stuck ! LOL ! Also, gas is about as simple a system as a lawn mower, not so electric, unless that's your skill area of course. Electrics have sure improved their mileage range since we had one, but as I said, one was enough, it's such a personal choice for sure, no one can tell you what is most important to YOU, but they will try LOL ! Don't like chargers, I can add fuel anywhere with a gas cart. Others would never consider gas, each has to decide what matters to them. But do shop around no matter what. Think you'll be surprised at the price difference for EXACT same model and the extras you desire unless you limit your shopping to inside The Villages, then about the same price and same (rather low ball) trade in offers compared to outside too.

Last edited by Ladygolfer93; 09-19-2020 at 11:03 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 09-24-2020, 12:51 PM

We bought I golf cart from Village Discount Golf Cart 4 years ago with a 5 year warranty. This past Tuesday we had a major problem with the cart and they refused to honor the warranty. We have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
We are getting ready to buy 2 carts. What are the pros and cons of different dealers? Thanks
Outside. Villages over charge. We got ours off seller on 44. Called Elite Villages. What we got would have cost us $3000 more at villages and we got 5 yr bumper to bumper
Old 09-28-2020, 09:45 AM

Jeffrey Allen, Inc. Club Car dealer. Tampa and Orlando locations. Great rep, been around forever and will match pricing.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronharvey2 View Post
I agree with Gerry. Carts and Clubs in Ocala. Better deal than in TV. They bring it to you and service in your driveway.
I appreciate the heads up. Ive heard multiple recommendations just on the sales experience alone, but didn't know they'd service them in your driveway all the way down here! Guess I'm making a trip to Ocala this week! Thank you all!
Old 10-15-2020, 06:35 AM
Veteran member

I want a Lithium golf cart.
Old 11-06-2020, 03:34 PM

Following
Closed Thread

Tags
buy, carts, dealers, cons, pros

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.