Buy now or wait ?

Buy now or wait ?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-20-2019, 09:15 AM
Platinum member

Waite until you have several places close buy that you would go to on a regular basis. I would only get one cart for now.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:27 PM

Nothing hurt by waiting and see if you think a cart would come in handy even before the connectivity. On the other hand, if you go buy a new 2019 right now, and pay cash for it, you can save $1000 over a new 2020. We bought a house a year and a half ago south of the turnpike and bought a cart the day after we signed the offer on the house. But we bought a used cart that was like new with low hours for about half the price of a new one. Recently sold that cart for exactly what I paid for it and bought a 2020. Cart is certainly not a requirement down here but we do use it quite a bit. Golf on rare occasions but the dog demands a ride at least once a day.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2019, 01:58 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Buy now.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Nothing hurt by waiting and see if you think a cart would come in handy even before the connectivity. On the other hand, if you go buy a new 2019 right now, and pay cash for it, you can save $1000 over a new 2020. We bought a house a year and a half ago south of the turnpike and bought a cart the day after we signed the offer on the house. But we bought a used cart that was like new with low hours for about half the price of a new one. Recently sold that cart for exactly what I paid for it and bought a 2020. Cart is certainly not a requirement down here but we do use it quite a bit. Golf on rare occasions but the dog demands a ride at least once a day.
Thanks
Out of curiosity, where did you purchase your used cart last year ?
Old 09-23-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Thanks
Out of curiosity, where did you purchase your used cart last year ?
I purchased through an individual that advertised it right here on TOTV. Most carts here, at least most of the newer'ish Yamahas, have hour meters on them. I bought a 4 year old cart with 140 hours on it. That's about half of the average number of hours for a single year. It was a great cart and still is for the new owner.
The Following User Says Thank You to VillageIdiots For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 03:57 AM

6 months in DeSoto. 2 cars, both paid for. Get 60 mpg on the Prius; about 30 on the Camry.

When connectivity finally happens, we plan to sell the older car, Camry, & get the golf car. Not before, per the wife unit.::
Old 09-24-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
IMHO, if you live in this golf car community and do not have one, you are missing out on a large part of The Villages experience....... an evening cruise in the golf car is quite relaxing and enjoyable.
Plus one we don’t golf and have a golf cart.

We have friends who live in Ocala they have been to TV to shop and have dinner at Lake Sumter Landing. We rented a 6 passenger golf cart to give them a tour of what it looks like from the golf cart. They couldn’t believe how much they missed by driving around TV in a car.

Tags
cart, golf, wait, home, land