Buying new yamaha

Buying new yamaha

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Buying new yamaha
  #1  
Old 11-05-2018, 04:07 PM
PJOHNS2654 PJOHNS2654 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Villages/Maine
Posts: 346
Default Buying new yamaha

Has anyone RECENTLY, bought a cart out of state and had a local dealer add the accessories?
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 11-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 3,995
Default

Why? There’s enough golf carts for sale here, actually the market is flooded IMO. IMO if you do that, they will charge arm and leg to outfit it cause they’re not making anything on sale of the cart, so IMO labor charge will be maximum.

If I needed golf cart I would buy one or two year old cart used which will save thousands over new deck out cart. Good example my cart cost $13,995. New. I brought it two years old for $7500.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 11-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Fredster Fredster is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Why? There’s enough golf carts for sale here, actually the market is flooded IMO. IMO if you do that, they will charge arm and leg to outfit it cause they’re not making anything on sale of the cart, so IMO labor charge will be maximum.

If I needed golf cart I would buy one or two year old cart used which will save thousands over new deck out cart. Good example my cart cost $13,995. New. I brought it two years old for $7500.
I would recommend the same thing.
The first cart I bought new, but after being down here for awhile,
I realized some carts that are fairly new and with low mileage frequently come to market.

Bought a second cart which was only 3 years old, and had less than 500 miles on it.
Saved a huge amount.
Personally I wouldn’t buy new again,
since too many nice, lightly used carts are available.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Fredster Fredster is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,055
Default

Duplicate post removed!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2018, 09:02 AM
mulligan mulligan is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,591
Default

And there's the part about the villages golf carts only servicing what they sell, so you would have to take it back to Dirty Boots , Texas for your warranty repairs.
__________________
........American by birth....Union by choice
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-08-2018, 04:12 PM
cndlou3 cndlou3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Village of Woodbury & IL
Posts: 15
Default

Not true we bought our cart in IL. The Villages have serviced it and added accessories we wanted.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-08-2018, 04:26 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndlou3 View Post
Not true we bought our cart in IL. The Villages have serviced it and added accessories we wanted.
But the truth isn't as much fun nor is it mandatory.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9
Reply With Quote
Out of state cart purchase
  #8  
Old 11-08-2018, 05:40 PM
PJOHNS2654 PJOHNS2654 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Villages/Maine
Posts: 346
Default Out of state cart purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
And there's the part about the villages golf carts only servicing what they sell, so you would have to take it back to Dirty Boots , Texas for your warranty repairs.
It would be nice to hear from someone that actually answers OP
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-08-2018, 05:51 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
And there's the part about the villages golf carts only servicing what they sell, so you would have to take it back to Dirty Boots , Texas for your warranty repairs.
If this is true, they are clearly violating the published Yamaha warranty. You should be able to enforce the warranty at any authorized Yamaha dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-08-2018, 06:05 PM
justjim justjim is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
Has anyone RECENTLY, bought a cart out of state and had a local dealer add the accessories?
Ocala, is not out-of-State but I’ve read on this site a number of times where residents believe they got a “deal” outside of the bubble.
__________________
Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
state, local, dealer, accessories, add

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.