Booster seat for Carts

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2015, 08:16 AM
Default Booster seat for Carts

We have a nice cart but unfortunately, my wife is height-challenged and has serious difficulty reaching the pedals. What I think we're looking for is a seat-back pad that will get her forward on the seat. It would need to hang from the seat back and be easily removable. Also, given my wife's penchant for style, there should probably be some color options too. Our cart seats are blue and white. Not sure she'd be real thrilled with a orange pad!

Anyone have any thoughts or, better yet, sources?

Thanks.

JLOB
Old 01-22-2015, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

any toss cushion will do the job and allow all kinds of choices.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:28 AM

I to have short legs but I went to grandma and Grandpa golf cart store and they have all trinkets for short people for the gas pedal and other things
Old 01-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryh1943 View Post
I to have short legs but I went to grandma and Grandpa golf cart store and they have all trinkets for short people for the gas pedal and other things
where are they located?
Old 01-22-2015, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBoyle View Post
We have a nice cart but unfortunately, my wife is height-challenged and has serious difficulty reaching the pedals. What I think we're looking for is a seat-back pad that will get her forward on the seat. It would need to hang from the seat back and be easily removable. Also, given my wife's penchant for style, there should probably be some color options too. Our cart seats are blue and white. Not sure she'd be real thrilled with a orange pad!

Anyone have any thoughts or, better yet, sources?

Thanks.

JLOB
Hubby cut a block of wood and used a tie down strap to attach it to our pedal. I'm also short and it works for me!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Gold member

Carts and Clubs sells a great little cover for the gas pedal that is a block that places the pedal closer to the driver. It was not offered at The Villages Golf Car stores. In fact I asked the salesman there about it and he said he had never heard of such a thing. Kind of weird. Both sell the same brands.......

We didn't end up buying a cart from them. In the cart I bought it is easy for me to reach the gas pedal. But it was great to know that those are out there for us vertically challenged people!!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:07 AM

The villages cart shop sells a cushion that is very comfortable and resolves this problem, My wife is very pleased with it!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:46 AM

Villages Discount Carts on 466 sells a gas pedal extension that velcros on to the pedal. This allows for easy removal when the cart is driven by a taller person. The extension fits all YAMAHA golf carts.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Carts and Clubs sells a great little cover for the gas pedal that is a block that places the pedal closer to the driver. It was not offered at The Villages Golf Car stores. In fact I asked the salesman there about it and he said he had never heard of such a thing. Kind of weird. Both sell the same brands.......

We didn't end up buying a cart from them. In the cart I bought it is easy for me to reach the gas pedal. But it was great to know that those are out there for us vertically challenged people!!

When I had the same problem you gave me this advice and I never officially thanked you. It works great and I am sending you a big thank you!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.