Carts and Clubs

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2020, 07:42 PM
Default Carts and Clubs

Why do they charge and extra $1,100 for a fuse box and lights when the Yamaha POV already with extra slots to add extra accessories ,and comes equip with LED headlights?
Old 09-16-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

because they can

why do car dealerships charge extra for 'delivery prep'...because they can
Old 09-16-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage

I suggest you ask Carts and Clubs. If you don't like their answer then don't buy from them. I have a cart from Carts and Clubs. They were lower cost than The Villages Golf Cart Store for an essentially equivalent cart, we liked the Sunbrella enclosure better, and their cart was noticeable quieter (pre-QuietTec). They are both probably higher cost than other Yamaha dealers in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd111 View Post
Why do they charge and extra $1,100 for a fuse box and lights when the Yamaha POV already with extra slots to add extra accessories ,and comes equip with LED headlights?
Old 09-16-2020, 09:23 AM

Carts and Clubs buys their carts from Yamaha without the wiring/light kits. They do their own wiring on these carts in house. Basically they are purchasing from Yamaha a stripped down golf course cart then they do the in house add.
I think I am going to go buy a new car and purchase it without any wiring or lights. My guy, Joe mechanic I am sure can save me a few bucks and have him do it. I am sure the quality will be the same.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:47 AM

I have 2 golf carts from Carts & Clubs (2019 & 2020). The wiring/circuit card installed by them is a better grade than factory. Generally, they build a better cart. Most people would need to have a comparison cart next to a Carts & Club unit to be able pick out the differences. The Carts & Clubs people will describe (and show) you the differences. The Carts & Club product is priced competitively with the Villages Carts. A big difference for me is Carts & Clubs comes to your house for service vs. taking your cart to a service center in the Villages.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:57 AM
Bikeracer2009

I bought my 2020 Yamaha golf cart from Budget Carts in Haines City and saved about $3,000. The carts around the Villages are way over priced because of money flowing here. They even delivered it for free. I had them install the Sunbrella enclosure which was about $400? I had to install the side mirrors with turn signals from Amazon.

My neighbor flipped out when he saw what I got and he paid over $15,000 for his.

Go 50 miles outside the Villages to buy a cart. The bubble is expensive.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:16 AM

We bought our brand new 2020 Yamaha from Country Village Power Equipment in Webster in May of 2020. We worked with Steve and Carolyn and saved over $3000.00. We got to pick our colors and equipment and it included factory wiring. The golf cart was delivered to our driveway. They are a factory authorized dealer providing the same Yamaha factory warranty and financing as other dealers. They recently came to my house and performed the first service (oil change and a couple of other maintenance items) in my driveway for only $60.00. We didn't have to leave the house and wait in line with other people. It took less than 30 minutes. We highly recommend them as so far we have had a great experience with them. They are about 20 minutes south of Fenney in Webster. There is a famous flea market and farmer's market right across the street from them that I think is only open on Monday. Don't buy a golf cart without first checking them out!
Old 09-17-2020, 05:15 AM

Bought a 2018 EZGO in Evansville, Indiana (Largest volume EZGO dealer in the US) when we bought our first home in Fenney. Loaded, custom seats (4), extended top, signals, wheels... 6600.00. Brought it to Fenney and decided to have a Sunbrella added, went to The Villages Golf Carts at LSL. They had “never done this to an EZGO”! Almost 2 months later, 850.00, then they wanted another 400.00 (because their “guy” had to come up from Orlando to specially fit this add on “to an EZGO”). I refused to pay it since 850.00 was the finished/quoted price! They couldn’t find the cart for about 2 days after it was finished! Now they are an EZGO dealer, really? That’s all you hear on WVLG now “custom EZGO” at TVGC. I will never buy another thing from them other than gas! Save your money and shop outside TV for a cart. I’m going to look into another cart, and again going outside TV! Probably back to Evansville, Indiana!
Old 09-17-2020, 05:39 AM
Veteran member

Exactly, quote" because they can quotes
Old 09-17-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polirudb View Post
We bought our brand new 2020 Yamaha from Country Village Power Equipment in Webster in May of 2020. We worked with Steve and Carolyn and saved over $3000.00. We got to pick our colors and equipment and it included factory wiring. The golf cart was delivered to our driveway. They are a factory authorized dealer providing the same Yamaha factory warranty and financing as other dealers. They recently came to my house and performed the first service (oil change and a couple of other maintenance items) in my driveway for only $60.00. We didn't have to leave the house and wait in line with other people. It took less than 30 minutes. We highly recommend them as so far we have had a great experience with them. They are about 20 minutes south of Fenney in Webster. There is a famous flea market and farmer's market right across the street from them that I think is only open on Monday. Don't buy a golf cart without first checking them out!
There is also a delightful restaurant adjacent to the farmers market. It features very tastefully prepared "country home cooking". The waitstaff is also very courteous.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedfromGA View Post
I have 2 golf carts from Carts & Clubs (2019 & 2020). The wiring/circuit card installed by them is a better grade than factory. Generally, they build a better cart. Most people would need to have a comparison cart next to a Carts & Club unit to be able pick out the differences. The Carts & Clubs people will describe (and show) you the differences. The Carts & Club product is priced competitively with the Villages Carts. A big difference for me is Carts & Clubs comes to your house for service vs. taking your cart to a service center in the Villages.
And picking up, dropping off is HUGE.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:04 AM
Default Carts & Clubs

We decided to visit Carts & Clubs when we were purchasing our new cart. Their carts didn’t seem to be much cheaper than other dealers in the immediate area. The gentleman that showed us around was vague about the price as they didn’t have a cart on the floor we were interested in. Also he was very condescending to my wife when she asked a few questions about the cost of options. Personally he acted like he had better things to do than sell us a cart. So we left and purchased elsewhere that afternoon. He may have been having a bad day but really alienated my wife and I as customers. Did not act at all like the reviews we had read about them.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:06 AM

If a snap pulls out of the cover or any small repair after the one year Carts and Clubs warranty expires they charge $35 just to come to your house. Even for items that are under Yamaha warranty for 3 years, they charge $35 to come and fix it. Their golf bag cover is a joke! Try to get the cover down over 2 large golf bags. The little zippered slit in the drivers side cover, leaks like a sieve.I could go on and on, but you get the idea. You get what you pay for!
Old 09-17-2020, 07:24 AM

I bought from the same place in Indiana; two carts. Was well worth the savings!
Old 09-17-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
If a snap pulls out of the cover or any small repair after the one year Carts and Clubs warranty expires they charge $35 just to come to your house. Even for items that are under Yamaha warranty for 3 years, they charge $35 to come and fix it. Their golf bag cover is a joke! Try to get the cover down over 2 large golf bags. The little zippered slit in the drivers side cover, leaks like a sieve.I could go on and on, but you get the idea. You get what you pay for!
Speaking of snaps, Country Village Power offers an upgraded snap. Big difference between the snaps offered at other dealers. Much easier to open and close, especially if you are in a hurry (like when the rain is starting to come down). Well worth the upgrade.
Closed Thread

Tags
extra, carts, yamaha, led, equip

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.