Carts, Maintance of gas vs electric

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Veteran member

Moved here 2.5 years ago. Purchased 2 electric GC's. Have not had a problem yet. I keep the batteries topped off and have given me good service. We use them everyday - weather permitting.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Default to Steve

Hi Steve:

First the name is Jerry. SABR is just an acronym for a baseball club I belong to. But I had put something in as "Jerry" was already taken. (see below)

The premium gas just burns cleaner (less hydrocarbons) ergo less exhaust smell. And if you go to a DAP or one of the places they make carts, they have the tailpipe muffler assembly to quiet down your ride.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Eternal Member
Default Beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
SABRMnLgs... Electric carts aren't all slow... Yes, you can fiddle with the governor on gas carts to exceed the 20 mph... but I also pass many gas carts with my electric. I can do 23-24 mph on the level. I could go faster if I put my bigger wheels on but that's fast enough for me. A close friend of mine also has an elec and I have trouble keeping up with him. This can be debated forever but it just comes down to personal preferences.
Fiddling with the governor on a gas cart does a few things besides making it faster!
It technically voids your manufacturer's warranty and your insurance coverage, and makes you a potential recipient of speeding tickets!
Seems to me that 20 mph is fast enough. If I am in that much of a hurry that it's not, I'll use the car rather than the cart.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

As others have said, to each his own, but I recommend if you are buying new look at the EZ GO RXV it is the latest electric technology and many here have said they like them a lot, it would be my choice for a new cart even though I currently have 3 Club Car electrics that I love. I also like the EZ GO gas carts as they are 2 cylinders and seem a little smoother and quieter than other brands. Now I'm going to throw you a curve, if you have a few extra bucks go look at the Yesteryear carts, I've test driven them and rode in one's owned by friends, they are my absolute favorite hands down......GN
Old 02-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Sage

When I started this thread I didn't expect the amount of response. I appreciate all the opinions and it seems that no real conclusion can be drawn.
I would be courious to know the ratio of electric to gas in TV. I would guess electric would way out number gas based on what I've seen there on several visits.
Electric seems to have the advantage of quieter and less maintaince. Gas is faster and has a further range especially if you carry an extra gal. can aboard.
I guess I'll have to as suggested try both and make a decision.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Gas is not necessarily faster, depends on the set up, but remember golf carts legally can only do under 20 MPH.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:19 PM

Are there any hybrid carts available?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 PM

EZ Go RVX carts have a few other advantages. They maintain their speed on hills, auto park brakes, and the best feature is a, "limp home mode" which limits the cart to a slower speed to allow it to make it home. When the accelerator is floored it starts out smoothly without jerking you violently, a very nice feature.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.