Chitty chitty bang bang...

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2017, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
We picked up a used 2015 fuel injected Yami 4 seater last July with all the bells and whistles. Original owner paid $15.8K with tax. I paid him 8K, no sales tax. DON'T BUY NEW. Deprecation is worse than anything on 4 wheels !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bells and whistles that I wanted would wind up costing just about the same adding them to a used cart as the cart I purchased new, loaded as I wanted. My bells and whistles on my 2016 electric Yamaha include....

1) Steering wheel with self canceling directionals. This steering wheel also includes high beams for the head lights. That alone was worth the price of the upgraded steering wheel. Those brights light up the road and path like brights on an automobile. Of course, I kick down the brights when another cart approaches me in the opposite direction.

2) Upgraded bucket seats which a have a great lumbar support. I can take those big bumps in the road and not feel a thing and no jarring to my back. Wonderful firm comfortable support and with nice long arm rests.

3) Solid windshield. We don't play golf. We just play.

4) Locking trunk where the golf clubs would go. This is very valuable to me.

5) Auto water fill system for the batteries.

6) Shelf in the front of the cart.

7) Liquid lights on both front bumpers which were included by the dealer.

8) Roof painted the same color as the body of the cart.

9) 10" tires with upgraded wheels (they have a red emblem on them to match our red cart)

10) Some kind of system that maintains the top speed even when going up hill. (it works too)
Old 09-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Not worried about depreciation. Love the new smell.
Recalling the Seinfeld episode where Jerry gets his car back smelling bad from the Valet I would opt for new or at least new seats, especially when carts are driven in hot and humid climates for lengthy periods of time, many by overweight drivers who wear out the support in the seats as well.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
brakes, chitty, chug, bang, suspension

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.