Cleaning Sunbrella seat covers

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Default Cleaning Sunbrella seat covers

We recently bought a Yamaha golf cart--got a terrific deal, but the seat covers are filthy. Any "been there, done that" advice on removing dirt and stains? Can I throw them in the washing machine? How about the dryer? Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise and experience!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Location: Utica, New York, Plantation, Florida, The Villages, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susi1356 View Post
We recently bought a Yamaha golf cart--got a terrific deal, but the seat covers are filthy. Any "been there, done that" advice on removing dirt and stains? Can I throw them in the washing machine? How about the dryer? Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise and experience!
I spoke to a women at Villages Golf cart about cleaning the seats and she told us not to remove and use a brush to clean them. She didn't say what to use, but I have used Resolve multi fabric cleaner on several things and it works great, maybe you can try it on a small area to see it it works. Hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Platinum member

I just throw mine in the washer (cold water, detergent, no bleach) but not the dryer. When I take them out of the washer, I just take them out and put them back on. They dry in no time. Ours have been on for 7 years and look as good as they did new.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Default Yamaha cart

I own a Yamaha and bought it at the Villages Golf Cars. I have the instructions regarding cleaning of the seats as follows:

"Seat covers and Seat Backs may be taken off the cart and washed in a front load washer only.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Sage

Here are instructions from the Sunbrella website: www.sunbrella.com/cleaning/upholstery.php Looks easy peasy. Remove, hand or machine wash, air dry.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Veteran member
Default sunbrella cleaning

Last edited by mrfixit; 06-24-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: already covered
Old 06-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Here are instructions from the Sunbrella website: www.sunbrella.com/cleaning/upholstery.php Looks easy peasy. Remove, hand or machine wash, air dry.
That's a keeper! Thanks Champion6.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.